• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: poor indianteam

Linda said:
Oh, shock, horror they had to deal with ALIEN CONDITIONS?! You mean they wern't playing in their own country?!

Thats LUDICROUS!
Weren't Australia playing in alien conditions when they played in India?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
amits said:
zimbabwe on their day can beat australia. in the 2nd test, zimbabwe set australia a challenging target of 170 and in the 1st test, took the match to the 5th day :lol:
Only because Hayden batted so long in making a new highest score in Tests...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
Although I hope Grant Flower returns and Ray Price continue his good form with bat and ball, and you never know.
IMO Ray Price is a very effective Test spinner and an economical ODI bowler, but I wouldn't pick him to take loads of wickets.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
You'd think that I would actually end up in a more heated atmosphere in the middle of a 130,000-strong protest in London than on a web forum, wouldn't you?

You know who I'm talking to here: Breathe in and count to 10 before replying.

Peace out 8D

V Reddy

International Debutant
Re: Re: Re: furious thinking

marc71178 said:
Oh, they were.
don't tell me you didn't enjoy those posts:D . Atleast i enjoyed reading those posts. Couldn't stop laughing most of the time :lol: :lol: .

PY

International Coach
Neil Pickup said:
Peace out 8D
I think :cool2: would have been more suitable for your comment Neil. Purely because that face could be seen as a US Secret Service agent with his glasses on.

And we all know how peaceful those guys are meant to be ;)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
amits said:
just 18 days left :) only pulling the thread out :)
Just 2 Tests left... doesn't it seem so much further away when you put it that way?

I think both teams have their plates full at the moment in trying to win a Test series rather than the VB series.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Zimbabwe come out soon for a few warm ups against Australia A, should be a fairly one sided affair, spose Grant Flower might liven Zimbabwe's chances a little

V Reddy

International Debutant
The Indian Squad

Sourav Ganguly , Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, V V S Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Mohammad Kaif, Parthiv Patel, Ajit Agarkar, Anil Kumble, Murli Kartik, Irfan Pathan, Ashish Nehra, L Balaji, Sanjay Bangar and Hemang Badani.

Pretty good squad for me. The bowling is further weakened with the absence of Zaheer. But it is a good oppurtunity for pacers like Pathan and Balaji. Nice to see Bangar back too though i would have like to see him in the tests rather than one dayers.

Amits what happened last time India and Australia both had pretty much full strength teams. (World Cup Final) Australia gave India a beating that they will never recover from. It was also one of the highest posted one day international team score.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
oh yes, India never recovered from that world cup final did they --

So much so that Steve Waugh's men are having to fight tooth and nail for a series everyone thought would be a whitewash.

The WC final is history -- I"m sure both teams are over it.

As for the squad, I would have liked to have seen Amit Bhandari in there in place of Balaji.
Bhanadri's taking a lot of wickets in the India A - Pakistan A and Sri Lanka A series atm, he was also very impressive in the Challenger trophy.

A bad omission IMO.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
jamesryfler said:
The WC final is history -- I"m sure both teams are over it.
I doubt it.

Did you hear what Geoff Marsh said? About his team being a better all-round team that the others? I thoughts that comment was quite... bold.:lol:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Re: Re: Re: Re: furious thinking

vishnureddy said:
don't tell me you didn't enjoy those posts:D . Atleast i enjoyed reading those posts. Couldn't stop laughing most of the time :lol: :lol: .
What were the names of the 'terrace people' , can you remember the names of any threads they posted in?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: furious thinking

iamdavid said:
What were the names of the 'terrace people' , can you remember the names of any threads they posted in?
Most of the England vs India threads from 18 months ago (the birth of AAAS!)