• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Linda

International Vice-Captain
furious_ged said:
^ Exactly. They get to see their own Adam Gilchrist as captain... and you expect them to be disappointed? When you get back from Mars gimme a call, buddy.
If you've ever been to a Perth ODI username, you'd see what we mean. West Aussies are a biast lot (ex-warriors get booed to the s***house).

bennyr

U19 12th Man
Linda said:
If you've ever been to a Perth ODI username, you'd see what we mean. West Aussies are a biast lot (ex-warriors get booed to the s***house).
And conversely they will cheer loudly for New South Welshmen that play for the Warriors.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
I think it was good that Hussey got the call up due to his form but also sad that Bevan will miss the rest of the series....he was getting into some good form too...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
furious_ged said:
You cloth-eared git. When will you learn that test performances mean almost bugger all in respect to ODI selection?
To an extent they show how mentally suited to International Cricket a player is.

So why is it that there are numerous examples of people suited to only one type of the game? There are many test players who aren't suited to one-dayers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
furious_ged said:
So why is it that there are numerous examples of people suited to only one type of the game? There are many test players who aren't suited to one-dayers.
There are some players who aren't naturally aggressive enough to be class ODI players. Others struggle to perform under the constraints of ODI cricket. IMO bowlers benefit more from ODI cricket than batsmen in that it encourages accuracy which is very handy in Tests.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
However, if the player has performed well in Tests AND got a decent domestic one day record, it's quite likely he could be useful in ODI's.

Perhaps if it were anyone other than Katich, your view would be less blinkered.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Uh-oh...

Perhaps you should try arguing, rather than insulting, your way out of corners.

:rolleyes:

Kids these days...

PY

International Coach
furious_ged said:
Perhaps if you weren't such a knob then.. Well now, you wouldn't be a knob.
There is such a thing as agreeing to disagree you know. :P

username

Cricket Spectator
furious_ged said:
You cloth-eared git. When will you learn that test performances mean almost bugger all in respect to ODI selection?
Only applicable where a player is pigeon holed to a particular version of the game. Katich is not. Why if domestic 1 day performances are more applicable in this situation was Hussey not the first batting replacement this series? Why if test performances are not applicable to one day selection was Lee bench warming? Or Laxmen playing one dayers? Fairly rediculous statement.

username

Cricket Spectator
furious_ged said:
And the selectors don't beleive Katich is one of these people, for the moment atleast. Or Hussey would have been the predetermined replacement to a rested Ponting, and Katich thrown in on the spare of the moment to replace an injured Bevan.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Eclipse said:
I agree I have not been at all impressed with kaif the time's I have seen him.

He seem's to have one or two good shot's but overall he look's fairly avrage to me.
Then you haven't seen a great deal of Mohammad Kaif.
Because he does have quite a range of shots -- he may be out of form, but I still rate him as a very good prospect.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
India 6/101 in 21.1 overs. Lee with 3. He must have spent the last few days over Dennis Lillee's place.