• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
i dont have to prove antyhing to any one.

for cric 2004 i want to know its release date and some other info. which u would like to give.

amits

Banned
furious_ged said:
We don't proclaim to think our team will forever dominate cricket. We just swing when we're winning (I never thought I'd quote Robbie Williams).
Amits, I think Zimbabwe losing by 1 run to Australia is sort of the same thing as Bradman being a touch under a 100 average. They may come so close, but they aren't going to make it :lol:
this is arrogancy, mr. furious.

zimbabwe on their day can beat australia. in the 2nd test, zimbabwe set australia a challenging target of 170 and in the 1st test, took the match to the 5th day :lol: and still u claim that zims would never ever beat australia. zimbabwe might not beat aus in the vb series, but they will beat aus 1 day and that too within the next 2 years :D

#1 on the Christmas wish-list for non-Australians:
Crossword dictionary to look up a new word for 'arrogant'.

:lol:

On that note, if the glove fits, wear it. If you guys are going to call me an arrogant Australian, then I'm going to be one. In which case, you'll have to put up with it. Because I'm happy to oblige :)
It's in your hands! :lol:

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
rajat said:

for cric 2004 i want to know its release date and some other info. which u would like to give.
Rigght there are other forums you can use for that.

Craig

World Traveller
rajat said:

Rigght there are other forums you can use for that.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Shall I proove us further conceited, egotistical, supercilious & condescending and sing the national anthem?!

Cloete

International Captain
must say this thread has fast become one of humorous proportions.

also i think Zim will have a shot at beating us, if not they do beat us. Us Aussies always tend to have a game or two we lose to the weakest team. e.g Aus, SA, NZ (series before last. because in the last series we were outplayed and outdone by NZ.)

Craig

World Traveller
Partially to Cairns' form, Bond's bowling, Harris's early form and Fleming's execellent leadership.

Although I hope Grant Flower returns and Ray Price continue his good form with bat and ball, and you never know.

Can we please stay away from nationalities and the like please, only discuss cricket.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Cricket 2004 will be released on PS2 on December 7 in the southern hemishpere & late February in the Northern hemisphere.

It will have all the same features as 2002 , just better gameplay & a player editor.

Domestic teams from AUS / ENG aswell.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think that this time India will perform far better than what it did last time. Not too sure about the Test Matches. Zaheer is the most inconsistent bowler i have ever seen. every thing depends on tendulkar, dravid and laxman.

But i still feel that india is the 2nd best in ODI and not too far away from australia. I think Indiahave agood chance of winning the VB ODI series

iamdavid

International Debutant
Just a shame Salvi got injured , had a lot of time for him & none at all for Balaji.

Will Salvi be fit for the VB series?

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hope he is not fit. he is not that good a bowler. i think agarkar will be a revelation this time. hoping that zaheer and nehra do well.

PY

International Coach
:O I go away for 3 hours and all hell breaks loose :O
It was like a bar-room brawl :saint:

To say that all Aussies are silly is a bit harsh, just most :P

To be fair though guys (ged etc) you did make some outrageous claims about Katich's bowling talent :lol:

V Reddy

International Debutant
Rajat, i enjoyed reading ur posts mate :D but please leave out the nationality, bad language , etc,. Much more than that can be said about India too. Also Indian umpires aren't known to be the best too ;).

My prediction would be India just pulling it off 2-1 in finals with Aus remaining unbeaten or beaten once by India in the leadup to the final.

PY, I've never said anything about Katich, let alone his bowling lol. I don't rate him at all since he moved from WA.
All I ever did was refute Rajat, you'll find. :)

godofcricket

State 12th Man
rajat said:
I think that this time India will perform far better than what it did last time. Not too sure about the Test Matches. Zaheer is the most inconsistent bowler i have ever seen. every thing depends on tendulkar, dravid and laxman.

But i still feel that india is the 2nd best in ODI and not too far away from australia. I think Indiahave agood chance of winning the VB ODI series
The thing u seem to be forgetting is, first of all the series played between india and australia was in india where india should have performed well and they did....secondly the australians were without there genuine strike bowlers (mcgrath,gillespie and lee)....so in my point it will be a whole different situation in Australia....as we last saw the series between them in SA where they played two matches and got hammered. So india can not yet be considered as any where near the Australians.....if they are they should be winning matches more consistently against them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Welcome aboard rajat.

Is it me or we starting to get some very biased Indians here?:P :saint: 8D :wow:
I'm getting very worried following the last influx...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Re: Re: aussie the windies way

Linda said:
But I thought Australia's second string was BETTER than the older 1st string bowling attack?
Therefore, in your theory, should not the team be getting better?
ROFLMAO - great comeback.