• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Andre

International Regular
furious_ged said:
Well Bevan is gone for the series. Ponting is missing the Perth ODI. That means two replacements for the squad in that game. I suppose Katich is one (and would be Bevan's replacement), unfortunately. As for the other...?

I'd like to see Hussey or North come in for a game. I'd like to see them both in but for stupid Simon Katich that won't happen.
Katich and Jimmy Maher - I don't think they will move away from the standard reserves.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
*Yawns*

Looks like Marc's found a new friend.

*Yawns again*
Produce some reasons that prove this post is adding to the convo and isn't in the slightest just another dig at me.

Seriously, haven't you got anything better to do with your time?

Rich2001

International Captain
Rik said:
*Yawns*

Looks like Marc's found a new friend.

*Yawns again*

marc71178 said:
Produce some reasons that prove this post is adding to the convo and isn't in the slightest just another dig at me.

Seriously, haven't you got anything better to do with your time?
Yeah I have to agree here.

Marc has just shown the facts so far he hasn't done anything to upset Username from what I have seen.

Please lets just get back to the subject :)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Both Australia and India have injury problems going into the finals.

Sehwag, Tendulkar and Yuvraj are all fit again. However Kumble hasn't recovered from his shoulder injury and is likely to miss the Perth leg.

If Kumble is not 100% for the finals, I don't think India should risk him, not with crucial test series coming up against Pakistan, Australia and South Africa.
This shoulder injury is reminiscent of the one he sustained during the 2000 county championship and which kept him out of international cricket for a year.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Andre said:
Katich and Jimmy Maher - I don't think they will move away from the standard reserves.

yeah, though you would think its the perfrect time to give a younger guy a go - than again Katich hasn't played many ODI's at all and Maher is in pretty useful form

sumoNYR88

Cricket Spectator
Both are getting old however, and need to be used some time or another before they're no longer at international standards...

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
"Hussey replaces Bevan..."

When I saw this headline I thought it was pretty brave to give a guy in only his second full FC season a run in the ODI team....then I read the article "MIKE Hussey in for Bevan" :D

It's awesome news. Hussey is Bevan's replacement, meaning that Katich only gets one game as Ponting's replacement :D

Mike Hussey has gotta be one of the most genuine down to earth cricketers in the country. I can't believe it's taken him so long to be named in the Australian team. It couldn't go to a better guy. He'll show up Mr Katich with his extreme consistency. :D :D

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I must say I have been proven wrong by Sean Ervine.

I didnt really rate him before this VB Series and now I'm wrong. However his bowling needs work on.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
halsey said:
Tut tut, Neil will be on to you for that one. :lol:

Should have been "there".
Well I was going to edit it (really!!:) ) but I thought no one would care...:rolleyes:

As for Mike Hussey, this is excellent. He is so consistant and has shown himself to be all talent time and time again. He's a damn good feildsman too.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I must say I have been proven wrong by Sean Ervine.

I didnt really rate him before this VB Series and now I'm wrong. However his bowling needs work on.
apparently he hasn't bowled as much before this tour

hermann

Cricket Spectator
surely injuries will affect it?

I agree that this is all premature. Injuries, loss of form and fluctuations in intergalactic radiation makes all prediction dubious.

herman

username

Cricket Spectator
It's such a shame about Bevan, he was Australia's best in India and the difference between Australia and the rest in the close games. He deserved a chance to show the Australian public what a great big game player and superb asset he still is, when general media emphasis recently has been on the power play of Gilchrist and Hayden.

As for his replacement, I think Katich will be playing in the final series. Hussey is just there to make up the numbers with Ponting rested. Perhaps their performances will be a determining factor, but Katich deserves it.

On another note, does anyone else feel this resting of players is bad for the game and a result of too much cricket. I know it's not entirely new, but I haven't seen it done on this kind of scale before. When a teams best chance of winning a final series is to rest its players in the lead up matches, that says to me they are being asked to play too much cricket. If for no other reason, the Perth public pay the same amount as everyone else for their tickets, they deserve to see Australia led by the Australian Captain.