• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

deeps

International 12th Man
and blignaut might b starting 2 find his range

hoggy bowled well....10-0-40-1

gillespie got 10-2-40-2

so not bad...less wickets,but hoggy kept it tight,and got ervine
will he be kept in the team?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
finally bevan makes a few, though he looked scratchy the whole innings and than gave run out partner lessons at the end (symonds wwas really lucky not to get run out by him as well for those hwo did not see the telecast)

NikhilN

International Regular
can someone tell me....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS UP WITH ZIMBABWE!? 13 runs short against australia! australia! AUSTRALIA!!!!!!! If it was bangladesh or someone i would understand....but AUSTRALIA!!!!

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I can't believe that no one has commented on Brad Haddin's poor performance behing the stumps. It was the worst showing I've ever seen from an Aussie wicket keeper. A couple of missed stumpings. The one he got was as good as Patel's to get Gilchrist. 11 byes conceded including 2 fours where he didn't come even close to the ball. Thank God he is not playing against India. You can't afford to give away that may runs against them. In general the glovework was sloppy. Lots of dropped ball.

Is it too late to replace him for the next game.

I noticed that, too. It was unbelievably horrible. Even the stumping he finally managed to get was an accident.

Bring back Cambo, he's in form (and injured, I believe). Oh well. Seccome, I guess. I think Haddin is a good player but right now a paraplegic would do a credible job in comparison.

Andre

International Regular
Is this some sort of record?

Ged and I agree!

Haddin was absolutely and utterly woeful - just like he was in his first ODI. I don't mind the bloke as a batsman, but for him to be selected ahead of other top-line glovemen in the country is just absurd.

Andre

International Regular
deeps said:
so not bad...less wickets,but hoggy kept it tight,and got ervine
will he be kept in the team?
It's this simple - either the selectors pick him and play him, or send him back to WA for gametime.

Even though he was tidy, it was painfully clear that he was well short of a gallop.

Andre said:
It's this simple - either the selectors pick him and play him, or send him back to WA for gametime.

Even though he was tidy, it was painfully clear that he was well short of a gallop.
What if WA don't pick him?!

Looks like two records, I agree Hogg looked like a shadow of his former bubbly self. The thing that sparked his little purple patch last year was an inspired show of confidence from Ricky Ponting. Maybe he's lost that confidence and is well and truly grounded now.

He's really slowed that run-up down, and he looked... tired.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
sachintendulkar said:
can someone tell me....WHAT IN THE WORLD IS UP WITH ZIMBABWE!? 13 runs short against australia! australia! AUSTRALIA!!!!!!! If it was bangladesh or someone i would understand....but AUSTRALIA!!!!

Zimbabawe have the makings of a very good ODI side.

They could and should have beaten Australi and India at Adelaide,
but being on average 3-46 after 15 overs isn't going to help.

What are they trying to do in those 15 overs ? It is almost as if they are treating it as net practice.

Play some shots lads ; you are putting way too much pressure on the middle and lower orders.
I'd say push Carlisle up to three and perhaps even open with Blignaut -- Think he may give them a better start than an out of sorts Friend.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
sachintendulkar said:
Zimbabwe still have some good players.Flower and Streak are amazing IMO,because theyve done well to set an example for the young players.

Zimbabwe may not be the best team,but they are NOT a bad team - and I dont even support Zimbabwe.

FRAZ

International Captain
"Lee must have seen the white ball much more easily as it came out of your dark hand."
Hemang Badani comes out with a fool-proof excuse for Lakshmipathy Balaji after Brett Lee's last-over six
Thats a good one too.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Andre said:
Is this some sort of record?

Ged and I agree!

Haddin was absolutely and utterly woeful - just like he was in his first ODI. I don't mind the bloke as a batsman, but for him to be selected ahead of other top-line glovemen in the country is just absurd.

hehe no doubt hes only saying that cause he missed the stumping of clarke :lol: :lol: :lol:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
sachintendulkar said:

haha hardly, they ever looked like getting it, POnting was in complete control the whole time, if not for shocking keeping, they would have been a little farther behind as well...

still a much better performance from Zimbabwe though :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Linda said:
:O

We all said Haddin was a crap keeper. Nice of him to proove us right, I suppose...
I suppose he thinks Clarke's a better keeper instead ;)

No, but I reckon Mike Hussey would be a better bet.

Rik, Clarke can't bowl and keep at the same time (actually he probably can, but it'd be awfully tiring). :lol: :rolleyes:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
iamdavid said:
She said 4 words , 4 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

And I am yet to meet a woman named David:yawn:

We have to play in India & no one complains , trust me Australian conditions are far more hospitable than Indian ones (we have drinking water).
What nonsense ! Amits' comments are considered derogatory and this isn't ????