• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
furious_ged said:
Nevertheless, When Watson pulled out of the World Cup, Harvey, a bowling allrounder, was a replacement for Watson. Yes, the tables are turned.
But at that point Clarke wasn't around - he is now, and as such is taking a role in the side that if you play Watson as well, you must drop a batsman (or only play 1 of them)

If you play both, one of them will be batting at 8, and you'll be looking for at least 15 overs from them between them.

For a start, neither are that good a bowler to justify that sort of workload.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Right, so that explains how his average against the major nations is well in excess of 40 does it?

His List A average is round about the level of Rikki Clarke...

That is NOT a good all-rounder.
FC batting average of 41 and bowling 25...

he was still adjusting to ODI cricket and was starting to perform better before his back stuffed up, considering how much you have actually seeon of his bowling i really dont think you are in as much as a position - your just taking it off the statistics, which dont show the whole picture.

deeps

International 12th Man
i got a good solution to this crap

drop symonds, bring on watson.....watson is more of a batsman than a bowler.....as a bowler,he is only equivalent to a michael clarke... watson is a much more solid batsman than symonds...if harvey continues to bowl crap,which i doubt,but if he does....bring on hogg

For sure. Watson is a good bowler. He's a 10 over bowler. If you want 15 overs between him and Clarke then give Watto 10 and Clarke 5... Watson is much better than you know-it-all-but-never-seen-him poms think.

He. Is. A. Good. Bowler.

Comparing Clarke to Watson in bowling is absolute garbage. They're worlds apart.

By the way, for Mister Wright, Watson has bowled another 5 overs this morning, taking 0/8 with 2 maidens. His last bowl was yesterday. Not 3 days ago.

Last edited:

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
deeps said:
i got a good solution to this crap

drop symonds, bring on watson.....watson is more of a batsman than a bowler.....as a bowler,he is only equivalent to a michael clarke... watson is a much more solid batsman than symonds...if harvey continues to bowl crap,which i doubt,but if he does....bring on hogg
DROP SYMONDS!!! are you nuts? One of the best performers for the last year. Best fieldsman in the side, consistent and fast scoring batsman, and can bowl both medium pace and off spin depending on the conditions. You would never a selector for my teams.

And your last three words betray your thinking - bring on Hogg.
You bury yourself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
My prediction for today - India will lose to Zimbabwe. It has no relaion to Dravid getting out right now as I have felt the hunch right from the beginning of the match.

Predictions need not come true and I wouldnt even want this one to come true as I want India to win but I do think Zimbabwe will win this one.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor Zimbabwe, 3/4 is probably the best chance they would ever have had of going on to beat India.

CDAK

U19 Debutant
Australia can have a relief now that Laxman started scoring 100s against other teams too.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Laxman's third hundred in a week. One word... WOW! That is a man in form. Gavaskar is playing beautifully and looks like a real star right now, and Sunil is watching him at the ground too :D

4/229 after 43 overs, India can blast on from here and get a big total.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Andre said:
What kind of logic is that? Dropping Harvery because he was Watson's replacement a year ago?
Out of curiosity, is this an in-joke? That's twice now that you've called Harvey "Harvery". I've noticed that the guy that does the cricinfo text commentary does this all the time, and it always makes me laugh...

Slow Love™

International Captain
On the Harvey/Watson issue. I think that it's possible that Watson will eventually replace Harvey, mainly because Harvey just isn't cutting it as an all-rounder. And Watson did/does show a lot of promise - he really looked on the verge before his injury. It'll probably be a while before he comes in though, 'cause he has to effectively start again after being out of the game so long.

Having said this, Harvey IS a good bowler at the death, and has shown this on many occasions (which is why he has a specific reputation for it). His pace is varied and unpredictable, and he's got one of the best disguised slower balls in the game. Yes, he had a costly over this time - it happens, and he's far from the only Aussie bowler to be savaged by the Indians this summer.

As to this game: I don't believe the Zimbabwe lineup have much of a chance of chasing anything above 260, so no, I think they're gone. At 3 for 4 they would have been really hopeful, but until you've got Dravid AND Laxman out, you can't get on top of India.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
it seems like there is a huge brick wall when Laxman and/or Dravid are out there......any team can probably get indias first 2 or 3 wickets but after that, there is no hope just about. especially with the lack of quality bowling this summer from all teams!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Agarkar got Flower and Patel caught the ball as it hit him in the chest, he was coughing while celebrating lol. Pathan should of had Sabanda but it wasn't given out, unfortunate because that looked like a clear edge.