• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

amits

Banned
Re: Bracken better than the inconsistent lee

rajat said:
I think it was for the better that someone like LEE didnt came to India. He would have been f..... by all indian batsman b'coz of his inconsistent line and length. sometimes i think that the so called GR8 bowlers(mcgrath, lee.), whenever they have to come to india, there is a injury.i think they are scared, as indian batsman would easily demolish them in INDIA so they make this excuse.

But this time it was for the better. australians were lucky that they picked the right kind of bowlers(Bracken is far better than Lee,mcgrath.

also if ur Dennis the menance(warnie) would have come to India. india would havesurely won the TVScup. reason: his 10 overswould have atleast costed 75 runs. :O
rajat, great post.

the "second-string" australian bowling attack is much better than their 1st string. lee is a gamble. good one time, bad other time. he returned with figures of 1-90 against teams like bangladesh and zimbabwe in tests, so he would have hardly been a threat to india.

warne is a joke against india. against india, he has got an average in 50s in tests and odis. he would surely have gone for 75+ in 10 overs. even this micheal clarke is a better spinner than him against india.

india missed ganguly badly in the final. ganguly is a batsman, who if set never allows spinners, especially left-arm spinners to dominate. he went off after clarke in the last league match against aus and if ganguly had stayed till the end, india would have completed that sensational victory.

amits

Banned
vishnureddy said:
It would be better if we also start the Ind-Pak series thread which is only 12 weeks away :D :P .

I feel too that India has a great chance of winning the series. The other team is Zim and so India is pretty sure of winning 4 matches in league stage which means their confidence will not be so down as it was last time. Last time around India had only three batsman- Dravid,Sachin and Ganguly. Laxman was in horrible form and Martin and Kanitkar aren't that good. Sehwag, Yuvraj , Kaif, Badani , Mongia , etc,. are much better than their preceeders . Go India :D
yes, india will win all these 4 games against zimbabwe and also atleast 3 of the 4 games against australia.

another thing which india can try is the squad rotation in the zim games, but keeping only 1-2 players out like keeping even sachin out of the 1st game against zim, then keeping yuvraj out for the 2nd game against zim and so on.

why start ind-pak thread ? if required, we can start the asia cup thread which is 18 weeks away :P

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
Aussie-NO sportmanship.

Ya very right amit.

its not gonna be that difficult in Australia as it was last time round.

brett lee is down on mylist. mcgrath has lost his sheen. mcgill is not a big threat.

more than anything india has to rely on ts luck. i mean abt the biased umpiring decisions. Australians have time and again shown that they have no sportsmanship. one and all are the same.

Craig

World Traveller
Welcome aboard rajat.

Is it me or we starting to get some very biased Indians here?:P :saint: 8D :wow:

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
Aussies are tossies

Come on Craig(y). I think u shud accept wat aussie umpires can do to help there helpless team.

Happy reading!:) :lol:

Craig

World Traveller
At least your confident and backing your team. If only Sourav would read this.

Lol, I was a bit disappionted that India didnt win Kolkata, after all your team did give my team a huge pasting at Hyderbad :(

At least you agree with me on Brett Lee. I have been always saying that he is hugely over-rated.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Re: Bracken better than the inconsistent lee

rajat said:
I think it was for the better that someone like LEE didnt came to India. He would have been f..... by all indian batsman b'coz of his inconsistent line and length. sometimes i think that the so called GR8 bowlers(mcgrath, lee.), whenever they have to come to india, there is a injury.i think they are scared, as indian batsman would easily demolish them in INDIA so they make this excuse.

But this time it was for the better. australians were lucky that they picked the right kind of bowlers(Bracken is far better than Lee,mcgrath.

also if ur Dennis the menance(warnie) would have come to India. india would havesurely won the TVScup. reason: his 10 overswould have atleast costed 75 runs. :O
You honestly reckon the Australian bowlers fake injuries to get out of coming to India , basically so they dont get carted?
Thats the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on here by quite some margin.

As for McGrath always doing badly in India , perhaps you didnt notice it but last time we came over there he took 17 wickets in 3 tests , his overall Test record in India reads 19 wickets at an average of 18.26 from 4 matches.
In ODI's it is a slightly less impressive 20 wickets from 16 matches.

As for the suggestions Bracken & Williams are better than McGrath & Lee , hhhmmm:lol:

Let me inform you of their respective carear records-
McGrath & Lee have between them taken 1463 wickets at an average of 22.03 in all forms of cricket (ODI , Test , FC , OD).

Williams & Bracken have between them taken 459 wickets at an average of 27.86.

Lee's overall OD figures are also better than Bracken's.

In fact generally Bracken is every bit as eratic & inconsistent as Lee , I rate neither as test bowlers but they are both great ODI exponents.

Also I stress again if India are getting bowled out by a second string attack at home then how are they going to do against the frontline attack downunder??

As for you're suggestions of Clarke's bowling ability being even a patch on Warne's:lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

originally posted by Amits

rajat, great post.

the "second-string" australian bowling attack is much better than their 1st string
:lol: :lol: I had a feeling you might say something like that.

Last edited:

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
rajat said:

You must be living in a fantasy land.

How can you say that Bracken (Bracken is a good bowler) is better than Glenn McGrath. McGraths Test & ODI record speaks for its self.

To say that McGrath is lying about being injured to avoid facing the Indian batsmen in India is a dumb & stupid comment.

Lee is a great strike bowler. Yes he does conceded a few extra runs than most, but he takes wickets reguarly which is vitaly important.

In the upcoming VB Series, it will be an Australia vs India in the finals with Australia being too strong for India. Australia will have too much firepower for India, especially with a full strength squad.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
stats aha

Statistics are like lamposts which only the drunkards use for their support. the so calledgr8 bowlers as far as i remember had a very bad ODI tour last time they visited india. :lol:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Re: stats aha

rajat said:
Statistics are like lamposts which only the drunkards use for their support. the so calledgr8 bowlers as far as i remember had a very bad ODI tour last time they visited india. :lol:
Oh dear , again you are incorrect & again the stats are there to prove it.

McGrath took 10 wicktes at an average of 26 in 5 matches last time:lol: :saint:

Cloete

International Captain
the terraces are getting fuller and fuller by the day....

some very stupid comments coming out

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
HI MR. STATS

so u r upto it again. I agree that australia is a good team. But it can be beaten by any of the 10 testplaying nations on their given day. I also think that australia's "every dog has a Day" are going to be over soon. Aussies can even Draw defeat outof victory-remember the calcutta test. One PersonalQuestion: "r u a Jobless Statistician":lol: :duh: :D

All 10 test nations? So Australia have become so good they've started beating themselves? What about Bangladesh and Zimbabwe? Hayden made a bigger score himself then they can rack off in a first innings.
Maybe Zimbabwe beat Australia in an ODI about 20 years ago, but mate.. Oh my God, someone spoke too soon about the terraces.
And Bangladesh? BANGLADESH?? What are you on?

I think you're not aware that they're not now, which is what you implied. I also think you're not aware that it's about 2 years away at least, and they still have to have something besides the WC to back it up. I think you're also not aware they have no first class infrastructure.
But the point you're implying now is that KENYA can beat Australia. In a test match! When they've not played a test, and they're not a test team, and they suck. Mate, you're digging a hole and it's filling with a lot of water.

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
aussie the windies way

wat the hell make u think tat i am talking of tests. its ODI buddy.
Remember, considering the age composition of the aussies i think they would soon go the way the windies went.

If you're talking ODIs, howcome you said 10 TEST PLAYING NATIONS? First of all, that implies you're talking tests, and you made no mention otherwise.
Kenya came as close as they are ever going to get to a victory against Australia in the WC, and that was with rested players.
What you said is still laughable anyway.

Run for the hills, people! Arse floggings from Bangladesh, Kenya and Zimbabwe are on the menu!

And the age composition is meaningless. Michael Clarke is a one man show-stopper compared to the African *juggernauts* (as you would have us call them :P)

Last edited:

iamdavid

International Debutant
Re: HI MR. STATS

rajat said:
One PersonalQuestion: "r u a Jobless Statistician":lol: :duh: :D
No mate , if you must know Im actually a 15 year old , I actually hold down 2 jobs (if you include CW staff member) , I alse stack shelves at Woolworths & play for ACT under 15's , would be a likely selection for Australian under 15's but I am 21 days to old:!(

As for the "Mr stats" thing , you made some incredibly arrogant comments & I judged stats to be the best way to prove you wrong.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Re: aussie the windies way

rajat said:
Remember, considering the age composition of the aussies i think they would soon go the way the windies went.
But I thought Australia's second string was BETTER than the older 1st string bowling attack?
Therefore, in your theory, should not the team be getting better?

Cloete

International Captain
furious_ged said:
If you're talking ODIs, howcome you said 10 TEST PLAYING NATIONS? First of all, that implies you're talking tests, and you made no mention otherwise.
Kenya came as close as they are ever going to get to a victory against Australia in the WC, and that was with rested players.
What you said is still laughable anyway.

Run for the hills, people! Arse floggings from Bangladesh, Kenya and Zimbabwe are on the menu!

And the age composition is meaningless. Michael Clarke is a one man show-stopper compared to the African *juggernauts* (as you would have us call them :P)
Game, Set and Match ged! :lol: