Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

The Aussies are batting well now. As I said, I didnt expect the batters from the test series to do very well.

duz ne1 else think that it's time they replace symonds with a PROPER batsman??? number 5 is a solid BATSMAN's position...not a weak batsman's position... Fine,if symonds should b in the team, drop harvey or watever...I just think that symonds is not reliable enough,and doesn't have the technique and temperament to play at number 5..Yes,i saw the world cup match against pakistan... But looking at how he's playing now,and how he's been playing since the WC...he looks far from a good batsman...yes,i know he's on 41* but i still don't rate him as a number 5 batsman...perhaps swap him and clarke around or somethinG? better still,drop him and bring on hogg!

Tim
    Are you watching the same match as me? Symonds is batting quite well at the moment. Eventually Clarke & Symonds could swap places though.

Lehmann is injured and is also on his 2 match ban suspension. What do you think will happen when he returns? Certainly Symonds cant be dropped as he is scoring the runs and so neither cant Clarke as he hasnt done any thing wrong till now in the one day side.

Originally posted by deeps
    duz ne1 else think that it's time they replace symonds with a PROPER batsman??? number 5 is a solid BATSMAN's position...not a weak batsman's position... Fine,if symonds should b in the team, drop harvey or watever...I just think that symonds is not reliable enough,and doesn't have the technique and temperament to play at number 5..Yes,i saw the world cup match against pakistan... But looking at how he's playing now,and how he's been playing since the WC...he looks far from a good batsman...yes,i know he's on 41* but i still don't rate him as a number 5 batsman...perhaps swap him and clarke around or somethinG? better still,drop him and bring on hogg!
    ARE YOU KIDDING? Who do you classify as a PROPER batsman - Geoff Boycott or Bill Lawry?
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

Kumble was sleeping? that was one of the funniest things I have seen.

Tim
    lol, Bill Lawry is starting to get into his work as Kumble makes a mistake in the field.

Tim
    wow, Bevan lost his cool & played a shot most unlike him early in his innings.

Sehwag did a good job of tieing him down & I don't think i've seen Bevan play so impatiently before.

Marc will be over joyed that his hero AA has 4.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    This'll be an interesting game - the Aussies, given how well Clarke and Symonds did, probably would have hoped for around 340 or so. I guess we'll adjust that now at 8/275 in the 47th over to "maybe" 300 (285-290 looks more likely at this stage)...

The Aussies will have to bowl a lot better than they did in the tests to restrict India below this total. Clarke and Symonds did really well after such a shaky start though.

International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    ... and we need to hold our catches, of course.

Remarkable catch by Yuvraj.

Agarkar bowled extremely well , Balaji is very good I think Balaji will be the best cadidate to fill Agarkar's shoes after Agarkar retires. India needs to bat extremely well to chase this.

Originally posted by Bapu Rao Swami
    Remarkable catch by Yuvraj.

Agarkar bowled extremely well , Balaji is very good I think Balaji will be the best cadidate to fill Agarkar's shoes after Agarkar retires. India needs to bat extremely well to chase this.
    I don't think AA will retire soon. I expect him to play 6-8 years.

Originally posted by rajat
    the most dangerous being Steve Bucknor

Can't resist quoting this. Bucknor missed another plumb one against Symonds and he went on to make 80 odd. But other than that he has been good in this match.

Can't resist quoting this. Bucknor missed another plumb one against Symonds and he went on to make 80 odd. But other than that he has been good in this match.

You know what Buknor has not missed anything, he' been great. The Hawkeye will make any umpire look stupid. That Symonds kindaa like lbw was not an lbw. think about had Buknor given Symonds out for that - it would be a mockery!

The ball in Symonds case was bounced slightly outside the leg stump and it wasn't swinging inwards rather it was moving outwards.

Page 13 of 100 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information