• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Slow Love™

International Captain
Game over now it would seem at 8/266 and about ten balls remaining.

Weird that India collapsed in such a heap, kinda like Australia did in their innings - although in their case, it was the earlier bowlers who had done well, and came back to finish them off. In India's case, it was the second tier bowlers that did the damage.

Interesting to see what an effect Harvey, Symonds and Clarke had on the game - those that participated in the test series really did kinda poorly.

Make that 9/266...

FRAZ

International Captain
"I was just looking at some score cards and how come gillespie bowled the 11th over "

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
mavric41 said:
Australia win. Big collapse by India caused by Bangar running out Ganguley.
Difficult to say that - after all, Yuvraj had played that slog to cover two balls before - it was just one of a catalogue of disasters (but very funny).

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Yuvraj is not of ODI standard. Nobody of ODI standard would throw his wicket away the way he did. His selection was surprising. They had Badani, who batted very well when given a few chances. Yuvraj, on the other hand, is looking for quick runs far too often. I know this is a bit too harsh, but he ALWAYS gets out playing the wrong shot all the time.

With 4 medium-pacers, they had given the Australians an advantage before the first ball was bowled. I have to ask, why Agarkar, Pathan, Balaji and Bangar in the same team? Why are they not playing to their main strength, spin? Why was Karthik left out?

Ganguly's so-called fielding needs some looking after. He can't field. Why nobody has done anything about this is a mystery. He can't stop a ball. If he is the captain, he should set an example for the rest of the team. That would make the Indians far better as a one-day team than they are now.

Who asked Ganguly to run away from his end? That was the last ball of that over. He could have waited, then hit the next man for a few big runs. He could have done it.

Last edited:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FRAZ said:
"I was just looking at some score cards and how come gillespie bowled the 11th over "
He didn't.

Cricinfo are always making that kind of mistake (it's quite difficult to keep things together when the walls are tumbling down - we did similar during WC2003)

FRAZ

International Captain
Same mistake was shown on other web sites i mean Gillespie's 11th over . But after the match finished the mistake was rectified , anyways bangar is an ediot .

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
FRAZ said:
Same mistake was shown on other web sites i mean Gillespie's 11th over . But after the match finished the mistake was rectified , anyways bangar is an ediot .
They all take their feeds from the Press Association.

And I agree regarding Bangar

Slow Love™

International Captain
Arjun said:
Yuvraj is not of ODI standard. Nobody of ODI standard would throw his wicket away the way he did. His selection was surprising. They had Badani, who batted very well when given a few chances. Yuvraj, on the other hand, is looking for quick runs far too often. I know this is a bit too harsh, but he ALWAYS gets out playing the wrong shot all the time.
Surely this is the nature of one day cricket though, particularly in the last 10 overs. I'm very hard on this in tests, but in this brand of the game it's a given, especially late in the game.

Martyn's dismissal today was stupid, but Symonds' and Harvey's weren't, even though they lost their wickets heaving ambitiously for quick runs.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
There's one thing worth bearing in mind regarding His Regal Left-handedness's runout - (well, 2 actually)

1. The ball was in front of square - Bangar's call
2. Bangar was on the back foot.

I think that it was Ganguly's fault

/probably started a flame war but it had to be said

V Reddy

International Debutant
Bapu Rao Swami said:
You know what Buknor has not missed anything, he' been great. The Hawkeye will make any umpire look stupid. That Symonds kindaa like lbw was not an lbw. think about had Buknor given Symonds out for that - it would be a mockery!

The ball in Symonds case was bounced slightly outside the leg stump and it wasn't swinging inwards rather it was moving outwards.
I don't think they even showed Hawk-Eye for that ball. They only showed the graphic which shows whether the ball pitched in line or not :rolleyes: . Were you watching the same match as me? That delivery from Pathan reverse swung a little in to the batsman:rolleyes: . It pitched on leg and hit him on middle and leg and hit him below the knee cap as well. On what channel were you watching the match, Bapu? You are calling that a mockery if Bucknor had given that out :yawn: .Dean Jones , Wasim Akram , Alan Wilkins ,etc,. all called that out. Bucknor was hardly great. He missed a couple of wides too. IMO, he had an OK match and was better than that Sydney Test.

V Reddy

International Debutant
IMO, the ground fielding and the run out of Ganguly cost the match. India are competing with England to see who is better at collapses:saint:

masterblaster

International Captain
HEY GUYS!!!

I just GOT BACK home from the MCG!!!!!

What a great night out it was too for me and the family.

The mighty AJIT AGARKAR bowled FANTASTICALLY WELL!!!!!!! We're very proud of his performance today!!!!

Sachin and Sourav batted fantastically, but it was that moron Sanjay Bangar who eventually cost us the game, as well as India's pathetic tail enders.

Overall, a top night out!!

Sachin kept on giving us waves from the boundary, it was quite good! And Ajit was a favourite amongst the crowd as well!

V Reddy

International Debutant
luckyeddie said:
There's one thing worth bearing in mind regarding His Regal Left-handedness's runout - (well, 2 actually)

1. The ball was in front of square - Bangar's call
2. Bangar was on the back foot.

I think that it was Ganguly's fault

/probably started a flame war but it had to be said
I think they decided to run on every ball but on that ball Bangar didn't respond. Although i am a fan of Bangar i don't think he is good enough in the onedayers. Only Tests suit him. Kaif or Badani would have made much difference today as they are good pullers and good fielders too.