Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1492

Thread: *Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

  1. #151
    International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Perth, West Aus
    Posts
    4,705
    Down to earth? Wheres that? We didnt lose anything (Adelaide doesnt count, im talking about a trophy), so alls well down under.

    "I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

    "Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20


    Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

  2. #152
    International Regular Andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,123
    Originally posted by Linda
    Down to earth? Wheres that? We didnt lose anything (Adelaide doesnt count, im talking about a trophy), so alls well down under.
    Hmmmm....We never had a trophy to lose :rolleyes:

  3. #153
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    10
    Originally posted by Pratyush
    Zimbabwe has some good players like Andy Blignaut and Ray Price. I am sure they can win a few matches as they always give in their best. I see the Aussies as the favourites and a very high scoring tournament with no teams having good bowlers. Zimbabwe actually may well have the best bowling line up with quality players like Price and Streak in their ranks! Zimbabwe did trouble the Windies recently and they can certainly play and notch up a few wins. I dont see Australia losing the one day series in Australia. Its going to be hard fought but the Aussies will win in the end.
    Notch up a few wins??????:duh: its impossible. India is in great form so is Aus, i mean they r always in great form. I doubt if Zimbabwe can notch up 1 victory. I already see india and aus in the finals. But let me tell u 1 thing. If India bats first the match is solely unpredicted.

  4. #154
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    10

    Funny

    Originally posted by Andre
    Hmmmm....We never had a trophy to lose :rolleyes:
    he he. India declared a little late and didnt give Aus the follow-on in Sydney . Thats why Aus somehow pulled it to a draw. Of course Aus didnt lose the trophy.


  5. #155
    Banned Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    20,793
    Notch up a few wins?????? its impossible
    Its not impossible. Zimbabwe has a good mix of talent and are not as bad as they look, specially in one dayers. It will be very difficult for them to win any thing but they can in one or two of the 8 matches they play.

  6. #156
    International Debutant Salamuddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Lakemba, Sydney
    Posts
    2,150
    Well Australia will be diappointed -- I mean hanging on for a draw at Sydney when a lot of Australian supporters basically expected to roll over India 3-0 or 4-0.
    It was pathetic to see the World Champions limping towards a draw against a weak attack after all the arrogant pre-series talk about "chin music".


    As for this tourney, I think if India are to win it, their seamers
    have to bowl well. Kumble will certainly bowl well but the seam attack needs to bowl out of their skins.

    Nehra may enjoy more success in the VB series -- the white kookaburra ball will swing more.

  7. #157
    International Regular NikhilN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Jersey.United States
    Posts
    3,517
    what time dose the match start?(gmt)
    liveyalifenikhilsway@hotmail.com -MSN

    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Hello and welcome back
    Rain has stopped and palyers are back in the middle
    Play is about to stop

  8. #158
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,070
    It's great to wake up knowing you're going to a cricket game that day

    In a few hours I'll be off to watch India vs. Australia at the MCG. It's a tough game to call and if Ponting doesn't play, Australia may be in a bit of trouble but I'm predicting he will.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  9. #159
    Banned Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    20,793
    The likely lineup of the Indian team according to www.telegraphindia.com (the local calcutta newspaper to which Ganguly often 'leaks' information every time about team composition)

    Ganguly
    Sehwag
    Dravid
    Tendulkar
    Laxman
    Yuvraj
    Badani
    Agarkar
    Kumble
    Pathan
    Nehra

  10. #160
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    24,364
    Originally posted by Pratyush
    The likely lineup of the Indian team according to www.telegraphindia.com (the local calcutta newspaper to which Ganguly often 'leaks' information every time about team composition)
    That's cheating!
    Cricketweb Colts Captain



    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

    I'm Green

    The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

  11. #161
    Banned Pratters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    20,793
    That's cheating!
    The newspaper usually ges a lot of quotes from Ganguly which usually matches the Indian squad. Didnt happen today as Bangar and Balaji have made the squad instead of Nehra and Badani.

    Interesting to see Brett Lee dropped/rested which was expected after the amount of bowling he did.

    For the funny part, Dean Jones has been the latest addition to the ESPN Star team. He is dressed like a professor all in a black coat and a black hat telling about the strenghts n weaknesses of the teams. He said India had 58% chance of winning while Australia had 42% chance of winning.

  12. #162
    State Captain krkode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,781
    Originally posted by Mister Wright
    That's cheating!
    Why? I'm just wondering...

  13. #163
    International Regular NikhilN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Jersey.United States
    Posts
    3,517
    Australia won the toss and will bat first on this wonderful day

    Australia team:
    +AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, *RT Ponting, DR Martyn, MG Bevan,
    A Symonds, MJ Clarke, IJ Harvey, JN Gillespie, AJ Bichel,
    BA Williams.

    India team:
    V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, *SC Ganguly, VVS Laxman, +R Dravid,
    Yuvraj Singh, SB Bangar, AB Agarkar, IK Pathan, A Kumble,
    L Balaji.

  14. #164
    International Regular NikhilN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Jersey.United States
    Posts
    3,517
    and guess who is one of the umpires ,Bucknor!! :O

  15. #165
    International Regular NikhilN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New Jersey.United States
    Posts
    3,517
    OUT! lifted effortlessly off his legs too effortlessly as it carries to the man at deep backward square leg who takes a good falling catch
    Gilchrist gone of agarker and ponting comes in and australia are 59/1

Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •