• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually Inzi didn't really look like he was saying too much to his fielders when they performed badly in the field.
And rightly so, even though he is the captain he should be the last person to comment on fielding!

Kenny

U19 Debutant
jamesryfler said:
No...he just verbally abuses the opposition captain a) on dismissal
and b) when he comes out to bat ?

That's perfectly acceptable behaviour isn't it ?
Well a) Send offs on dismissal are not unique to Brad Willams - not good, but in Ganguly's case, probably deserved.......as you would know, he is known for being one of the mouthiest players in world cricket, so, he has to cop it too.

And b) When he comes out to bat - who says? Only Ganguly.
He was probably upset his team was being flogged - that's understandable, and maybe Williams did say something, maybe he didn't..........big deal.
The only people pointing the finger are Ganguly and his supporters, not the umpires, match referees, administrators, or anyone else!!

Choora

State Regular
Sanz said:

I hope India drops Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan for the next tour.
The first three men are giving heartburns to Pakistani bowlers, you drop them and you might drop the next series with them too!

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Kenny said:
Well a) Send offs on dismissal are not unique to Brad Willams - not good, but in Ganguly's case, probably deserved.......as you would know, he is known for being one of the mouthiest players in world cricket, so, he has to cop it too.

And b) When he comes out to bat - who says? Only Ganguly.
He was probably upset his team was being flogged - that's understandable, and maybe Williams did say something, maybe he didn't..........big deal.
The only people pointing the finger are Ganguly and his supporters, not the umpires, match referees, administrators, or anyone else!!
Kenny, mate, its not a question of whether Ganguly deserves a sendoff or not. The point is that the code of conduct is in place for ALL players -- not just those of a certain country.

As for point b) then why make a big deal about Pathan's action ?
If you accept one as gamesmanship then why not the other ?
Its funny how Martyn complained -- I thought the Aussies are big on this gamesmanship thing -- hey if you dish it out, you gotta expect some back.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Kenny said:
Ganguly and mouthiest captain ?? are we missing something..any examples... ??

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was reading up on Cricinfo and came across this stat. VVS Laxman is the record holder for the most catches taken in a series, with 12 in 8 games. He's tied with Border, but he took 11 games for the honour.

Craig

World Traveller
Sanz said:
Thank god our misery is over, Now I dont have to be awake all night to see our team get pasted all over the park. Well Played Australia. I am glad that Irfan Pathan is reprimanded for his stupid behaviour.

I hope India drops Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag, Ashish Nehra and Irfan Pathan for the next tour.
As much of Tendulkar getting dropped as Exeter FC have of winning the CL this season.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
vishnureddy said:
What can i say when biasness is involved to that extent
Reddy, I dont think Ganguly goes around giving mouthful to opposition players/Captains without any provocation.

He may not be the best example of sportsmanship, but mouthing of is not his forte. Why dont you give an example of how and when Ganguly has been mouthful without any provocation ?

V Reddy

International Debutant
Sanz said:
Reddy, I dont think Ganguly goes around giving mouthful to opposition players/Captains without any provocation.

He may not be the best example of sportsmanship, but mouthing of is not his forte. Why dont you give an example of how and when Ganguly has been mouthful without any provocation ?
No you've got me wrong there. I was supporting you . It was for kenny. It should have been what can we say instead of what can i say.