• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Return of International Cricket to Pakistan

slugger

State Vice-Captain
the nz team bus was only 15 minutes shy of missing a bomb blast outside their hotel, i think it was 2002, the place is unsafe.. random attacks or not (as in sri lanka's case). cricket is not going to fix pakistan's problems. and this is not the forum for me to tell you what i think would.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
There is a Pakistani politics thread in Off-Topic, why don't you voice your opinions there regarding fixing Pakistan? Would be interesting to have a discussion.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
But I don't see anyone visiting Pakistan in this decade.
Wouldn't rule it out tbh.

Will probably be a Asian team too. India toured there soon after the Kargil War with high threat ratings IIRC. Need the conflict internally in Pakistan and Afghanistan to cool down first though.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Wouldn't rule it out tbh.

Will probably be a Asian team too. India toured there soon after the Kargil War with high threat ratings IIRC. Need the conflict internally in Pakistan and Afghanistan to cool down first though.
But I would be really worried for the safety of the visiting team due to the internal terrorist network. I think it would be best if teams skip playing in Pakistan for the next few years.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Quite considerably at the moment, especially with respect to VIP's etc....
Both India and Pakistan carry "avoid all but essential travel to some areas" and "avoid all travel to some areas" ratings from the UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

ganeshran

International Debutant
The bangladesh tour is a must for PCB to show that they can conduct tours safely. India and SL are out of the question IMO.

ganeshran

International Debutant
:huh:

Lankans suffered an attack last time around and there is no way the Indian government will give clearance to a tour to Pakistan.

If an Ind vs Pak series will happen, it will happen in Indian. BCCI doesnt play on neutral grounds anymore