• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Born to Runs

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Born to Runs

Last Friday a universally popular cricketer announced his retirement from the International game. In this feature Martin pays his respects to Rahul Dravid.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That's put "Born to End" by the Manic Street Preachers in my head.

Gun article - it's a shame the English First Class game didn't see more of Dravid.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's put "Born to End" by the Manic Street Preachers in my head.
I think fred's allusion to The Boss more aposite for Rahul. The universally respected master craftsman with an unfussy touch of class who produced an amazingly consistent body of work & who one knew was on the side of the angels despite some of his countrymen's machinations.

Another worthy tribute, fred. :)

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I happen to believe that Lemmy is the first, the last, and the ultimate embodiment of all that is rock n roll, but The Boss should do just fine I guess.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Lovely article as ever, Fred

Now it is of course with extreme trepidation that I would ever dare to disagree with the combined might of fred and brumby, but I have to say that, speaking purely for myself, in my mental Venn diagram there is absolutely no shaded area of overlap between the circles of Rahul Dravid and Rock.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think fred's allusion to The Boss more aposite for Rahul. The universally respected master craftsman with an unfussy touch of class who produced an amazingly consistent body of work & who one knew was on the side of the angels despite some of his countrymen's machinations.

Another worthy tribute, fred. :)
Have you hard the new album yet, Brumbers? Apparently some genuine venting and anger at play.

Great piece as always, Martin.