• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Akram as bowling coach?

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Maybe then the Indian quicks would do some serious damage against teams other than the Kiwis?

V Reddy

International Debutant
That would be a great thing if it happens :D . But Akram may face some problems back home if he agrees.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yea but surely by now we can just totally seperate sport and religion (politics now?) and just enjoy a master offloading his knowledge so we can enjoy top quality cricket all the time. I'm a bit young so my only really clear memory of a great performance was Anil Kumbles 10 wicket innings match, so surely contests between these two nations can produce more great matches. (I apologise if I'm terribly wrong and he got it against a different team but hey, I often join the terribly wrong late bus)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's the way to go, in my opinion - a splendid idea (politics aside).

The likes of Khan, Nehra and the Great One would undoubtedly learn a great amount from someone with the pedigree of Wasim.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Gee I bet they'd love him back home for that , it would be splendid for India & a great idea to snatch him up before certain other countries can.

But wouldnt they throw bricks at his house back in Pakistan or something??:(

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
iamdavid said:
Gee I bet they'd love him back home for that , it would be splendid for India & a great idea to snatch him up before certain other countries can.

But wouldnt they throw bricks at his house back in Pakistan or something??:(
Maybe India could return the favour - possibly donate a coach to Pakistan.

Suggestions so far are

1. A running coach for Inzy
2. A chef (for Inzy)
3. Rahul McDravid and VVS Laxman job lot to take charge of fielding

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
I think I've said this before: how many batsmen has Inzie run out recently? I can't recall too many.
His last ODI innings ended in this fashion:

21.5 Ntini to Younis Khan, no run, pushed to mid on and tries to run a
quick single, Inzamam was liming, Rudolph throw towards batsman
and hit the stump directly, third umpire called and Inzamam is
well short

Pakistan 75/4, Partnership of 40
Inzamam-ul-Haq run out (Rudolph) 17 (37b 1x4 0x6)

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ah, the good old court petition thing - well, that's worth about as much as the paper it's written on, but Zia's interjection is quite something else.

Such a pity - and all so petty.

Tour to be called off in 5....4....3....

V Reddy

International Debutant
Tim said:
Could this be the beginning of a snowballing effect?
Nah... i don't think it will be. Since both parties have refuted these claims , i think it will end now. Any plans Sourav and Wright had of hiring Akram , they would cut it off now.