• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dravid Likely to Retire

sunilreddy

Banned
Dravid likely to retire on Friday

Rahul Dravid is likely to announce his retirement on Friday. Dravid, 39, has called a press conference in Bangalore that will also be attended by N Srinivasan, the BCCI president, and is set to make the announcement then.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great career, great batsman. Will be missed.

Probably the right time to go though. Any news about Laxman?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Chap's a champion in every sense. If he is going I've no doubt he knows it's the right time.

Huge shoes to fill tho.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's done what he could, and gone the extra mile for his team- be it wicketkeeping, opening the innings, captaincy (which was more memorable and daring than that of his predecessor and successor), and the odd recall to the ODI and T20I side when he was needed.

He should not be phased out totally- he can do his bit as a coach. The team needs him in this capacity.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He's done what he could, and gone the extra mile for his team- be it wicketkeeping, opening the innings, captaincy (which was more memorable and daring than that of his predecessor and successor), and the odd recall to the ODI and T20I side when he was needed.

He should not be phased out totally- he can do his bit as a coach. The team needs him in this capacity.
TBF he could do a lot more good, if he is interested, with more younger and developing players than coaching seniors in batting.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I think he's too intelligent a guy to have his life revolve solely around cricket. He'll fit into some other vocation perfectly well.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I've always wondered but would other countries be looking for the likes of Dravid and Ganguly as coaches in particular fields? I find it a bit strange that very low amount (in fact has there even been any yet?) of coaches come out of the sub-continent.

Saqlain Mustaq and Mustaq Ahmed come to mind for England but other than that I can't think of much.

Burgey

My favourite Indian batsman. Proper gent, great player. Will be missed.

benchmark00

I've always wondered but would other countries be looking for the likes of Dravid and Ganguly as coaches in particular fields? I find it a bit strange that very low amount (in fact has there even been any yet?) of coaches come out of the sub-continent.

Saqlain Mustaq and Mustaq Ahmed come to mind for England but other than that I can't think of much.
Chandika Hathurusingha is the batting coach for NSW.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
An all-time great batsman. Was so good at the crunch. There were times at his peak when you just could not imagine him failing. Just two more to go and then I am no longer young. :(

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever

Well you don't have the level of professional coaching development programs like you have in England.