• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Cairns: Super Cheat..?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Modi v Cairns court case re Modi accusing Cairns of fixing in the ICL

Richard Edwards the guy to fellow as per usual;
Twitter

and also:
Twitter

Breaking: Cairns has six accusers who say he was involved in fixing
They are: Sharma, TP Singh, Ablish, Gupta, Uniyal, Karanveer Singh. All accuse Cairns of fixing
Andrew Hall, SA all rounder, will give evidence for Modi against Cairns. Hall had originally said TP Singh was trying to frame capt Cairns
Cairns brief: accusation of match fixing is wholly untrue and a grave libel on him. Cricinfo reported tweet. paid damages and apologised
Cairns accused of fixing by 6 players at chandigarh lions. Investigation by icl conducted by anti corruption officer called Mr Beer
@NHoultCricket Beer picked up the bloke in Bangladesh too. Australian, I think
Thwaites, for Modi, says Cairns ankle injury was 'convenient excuse'. ICL covered up fixing cos of concern about its credibility, ct hears
Say it ain't so!

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Heard some ordinary things about Cairns, not really about fixing, during the ICL too, looking after some mates and screwing over some others.

Spikey

he willingly moved to canberra so there's clearly something wrong with the man

Spikey

vic_orthdox has provided some gos on Cairns you got anything to add about him, ****?

Howe_zat

Audio File
I keep reading the phrase "super cheat" to the tune of "super freak" and start rocking out.

I'm okay with this.

Uppercut

Need to get 'tangy on the case, I'm pretty sure his day job has a lot to do with UK libel law.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Need to get 'tangy on the case, I'm pretty sure his day job has a lot to do with UK libel law.
'fraid not - if I had my snout in the trough I wouldn't make my next comment

why has he sued in London and not some other place?
A very good question - it clearly demonstrates there is something very wrong with English Law if it is attractive for a New Zealander to sue an Indian in the English High Court about a libel that appeared in cyberspace

Furball

Evil Scotsman
A very good question - it clearly demonstrates there is something very wrong with English Law if it is attractive for a New Zealander to sue an Indian in the English High Court about a libel that appeared in cyberspace
If it's connected with this quote from the OP:

Cairns brief: accusation of match fixing is wholly untrue and a grave libel on him. Cricinfo reported tweet. paid damages and apologised
Might it not be to do with where cricinfo are based?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I keep reading the phrase "super cheat" to the tune of "super freak" and start rocking out.

I'm okay with this.
Said this already about the David Hussey thread, though I was less okay with it.

Either way, the real Chris Cairns highlight are those billboard ads of him looking ridiculously sad at a level crossing. Mind you, it's a real problem here given the number of Kiwi drives whose cars miraculously clonk out on level crossings.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
"The defendant's allegations have had a profound effect on my personal and private life. It put a strain on my marriage ..."

Poor bugger.
And I don't know if I'm going to run into trouble with mods here..but Cairns also put a strain on his previous marriage by running off with another woman (with whom he is now married to).

So really, what goes around comes around.