• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quiz Draft

Howe_zat

Audio File
An all time Test draft.

The difference with this one is that rather than having each round of picks have a randomised order, the order is decided on by a preliminary round of cricket trivia questions. Essentially, by doing better in the quiz, you "earn" a better pick.

I'm looking for players who'll be able to email in answers within a 24-hour window each round, and be online enough make regular 12-hour picks. If you don't want to play but would like to help me write quiz questions, that'd be handy.

Each set of quiz questions will have 10 questions and a tie breaker. I'll try to make the difficulty such that we have a good range of success between participants. This may take a few goes.

In order for the latter quiz rounds to be just as relevant as the first, there will be quizzes towards the end that decide the order for more than one round.

Rules

1. Since good picks are "earned", everyone is eligible, from Bradman to my nan. (bowls some useful offies, ftr)

2. The penalty for not emailing in answers and making everyone wait for more than 24 hours for nothing is getting a sheep. Missing a 12-hour pick means you get skipped, and can catch up later.

3. Don't google/wikipedia/statsguru the answers. Obviously I have no way of enforcing this, but if you do cheat, you're just going to have to live with the fact that you're a **** who ruined the game.

Keen beans:

1. weeman27bob
2. Pothas
3. Somerset
4. marc71178
5. kingkallis
6. Blakus
7. honestbharani
8. Agent Nationaux
9. Z-Man
10. GingerFurball
11. zaremba
12. Cabinet96
13. Eds
14. kyear2
15. morgieb
16. rvd619323
17. Spikey

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think this will involve a lot of work on your part Jake. I'd be happy to take part in the draft but, equally, would be happy to help you with setting some of the questions - I'll let you call it :)

Howe_zat

Audio File
I think this will involve a lot of work on your part Jake. I'd be happy to take part in the draft but, equally, would be happy to help you with setting some of the questions - I'll let you call it :)
Don't really want to call it, as I think you'd be good value to have in the draft, but help with the questions would be very much appreciated.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I can certainly put the time in but should I have a go, even though my cricketing knowledge isn't as good as other members?

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's not going to bother me how good you are at it. If anything it'd be interesting to see if you can compensate for losing places in the order by drafting well.

Edit: So long as you don't have a bad start and just stop bothering. That'd annoy me.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't really want to call it, as I think you'd be good value to have in the draft, but help with the questions would be very much appreciated.
OK - well I think I'll sit on the sidelines and be available to help you with the questions

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, I won't start it straight away. Need to guage interest first, then start writing quizzes. You're coming down here this weekend?