• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quiz Draft

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Disappointed at the lack of Archie Jackson love. Have been reading along most of the time this has been going. Fun doing the quiz without the pressure of getting results and most of the time was appallingly bad. Sick ****!!!
For the record, he was on my shortlist given the theme of my side but I had placed my alternative batting options (the other Archie, Shrewsbury and Taylor) slightly higher.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Thanks guys.. To be honest, this is not the first time this guy is picking on my posts with no basis to back up his stupid views, but it is nice to know that people can see the idiocy in those posts.

kingkallis

International Coach
Thanks guys.. To be honest, this is not the first time this guy is picking on my posts with no basis to back up his stupid views, but it is nice to know that people can see the idiocy in those posts.
I will always blame you, Ch****r, for getting Don :D

Shri

Mr. Glass
Okay so are we supposed to believe you remember all that useless cricket trivia(and those are a lot). Here is what I believe happened, you googled 8/9 out of 10 questions every round and got one or two questions wrong on purpose to avoid suspicion. Seriously, its not even that clever and its wrong to cheat in fun exercises like this imo. Have a nice day.

Michaelf7777777

International Debutant
I'll take Clive Rice the man who averaged 41 with the bat and 22 with the ball in forst class cricket while beating Richard Hadlee, Ian Botham, Imran Khan, Kapil Dev and Malcolm Marshall in a Battle of the All Rounders competition in the 80's in England. Also a very good captain of Nottinghamshire, he'll be my captain and depending on my final pick will either bat 6 or 7 while being a fully fledged member of my pace attack.

Charter 77 So Far

Sunil Gavaskar
Arthur Morris
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Kumar Sangakarra (+)
Clive Rice (*)
Jack Gregory
Wilfred Rhodes
Fazal Mahmood
Bill Johnston

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm happy to go with whatever rules are set but this is a test cricket draft, right? So essentially those picking non-test players could just as well have picked Kieron Pollard given neither played test cricket and in theory their sides would be just as good, if you get my point. I only bring this up since I had considered a few pre-test cricket players to join my side of early test cricket legends but felt that it devalued the format.

Howe_zat

Audio File
If you want to vote that way then that's fine. I did make it clear in the OP that everyone was eligible, though.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Disappointed at the lack of Archie Jackson love. Have been reading along most of the time this has been going. Fun doing the quiz without the pressure of getting results and most of the time was appallingly bad. Sick ****!!!
Was gonna take Jackson if Mark Waugh went.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This looks like it would have been fun, and part of me would have liked to have done it. But reading through it, if there has been G00gling, well that's shameful and a blight on the competition.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Okay so are we supposed to believe you remember all that useless cricket trivia(and those are a lot). Here is what I believe happened, you googled 8/9 out of 10 questions every round and got one or two questions wrong on purpose to avoid suspicion. Seriously, its not even that clever and its wrong to cheat in fun exercises like this imo. Have a nice day.
clearly you have no idea on what being a trivia buff really means.. Maybe you know of these events like the Landmark Quiz that happens every Independence Day.. Or maybe you are just too busy posting a stupid post with no facts to back you up whatsoever.. Believe it or not, there are people who like getting to know trivia answers and if you had seen those lists of top run scorer and wicket taker quizzes, you will notice I did pretty well in those too.

I know it is stupid having to respond to crap like this, but I will do this this one time anyways. If you don't have a ****ing clue about these questions, doesn't mean everyone doesn't. If I wanted to google, I would have played my odds a lot better and reserved some of my lower performances for these rounds.. I do drafts for the fun of it and not even once have I gone against the spirit of any of the drafts. I have fun reading up on players I have no clue on and that is as good a reason as any for me to be part of these drafts. This was one draft that sorta played to my strength by getting into trivia and that is the end of that.

Anyways, since you don't seem to have anything better to do than stalk around and post baseless crap about me these days, I am not responding anymore... Try get some help.

Shri

Mr. Glass
clearly you have no idea on what being a trivia buff really means.. Maybe you know of these events like the Landmark Quiz that happens every Independence Day.. Or maybe you are just too busy posting a stupid post with no facts to back you up whatsoever.. Believe it or not, there are people who like getting to know trivia answers and if you had seen those lists of top run scorer and wicket taker quizzes, you will notice I did pretty well in those too.

I know it is stupid having to respond to crap like this, but I will do this this one time anyways. If you don't have a ****ing clue about these questions, doesn't mean everyone doesn't. If I wanted to google, I would have played my odds a lot better and reserved some of my lower performances for these rounds.. I do drafts for the fun of it and not even once have I gone against the spirit of any of the drafts. I have fun reading up on players I have no clue on and that is as good a reason as any for me to be part of these drafts. This was one draft that sorta played to my strength by getting into trivia and that is the end of that.

Anyways, since you don't seem to have anything better to do than stalk around and post baseless crap about me these days, I am not responding anymore... Try get some help.
Why u no happy? Why so angry?

As for the last part, funny, you have been the one throwing expletives at me all along without giving an explanation before this post. So again, hope you have a good day and control your blood pressure better - for the good of your heart. Cheers.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Anyway, back to drafting.

I shall take Dennis Amiss

1. Sir Leonard Hutton
2. Dennis Amiss
3. Charles Macartney
4. -
5. Sir Frank Worrell (c)
6. Doug Walters
7. Denis Lindsay (wk)
8. Mike Procter