• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Scorecard Draft III - Voting Thread

Vote for your top 3 teams

• Total voters

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Might not seem relevant, but for G.I.Joe, any reason you chose Jaradine over Worrell as your captain. Not disputing just curious.
Well, besides being the first coloured captain of the WI, Worrell's greatest contribution was to bring together the players of various nationalities in the West Indies and get them to look beyond parochialism. Initially I thought it would be fitting to have him captain a multi-national side here. Jardine was drafted in at the very end, and by then I couldn't resist the opportunity of imagining him make use of an attack of Hadlee, Lillee and Roberts. Bradman would probably have averaged in his teens, not to speak of lesser mortals.

That said, Worrell was known to encourage an attacking style of play too, so the team would be a delight to watch under either captain. It was a marginal call, the pace attack tipped it in Jardine's favour for me.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, besides being the first coloured captain of the WI, Worrell's greatest contribution was to bring together the players of various nationalities in the West Indies and get them to look beyond parochialism. Initially I thought it would be fitting to have him captain a multi-national side here. Jardine was drafted in at the very end, and by then I couldn't resist the opportunity of imagining him make use of an attack of Hadlee, Lillee and Roberts. Bradman would probably have averaged in his teens, not to speak of lesser mortals.

That said, Worrell was known to encourage an attacking style of play too, so the team would be a delight to watch under either captain. It was a marginal call, the pace attack tipped it in Jardine's favour for me.
For Worrell it was more than that, but your reasoning is quite sound. Good team btw.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Voted for Himanv, Joe and Cevno (though not particularly fond of playing Vettori as a captain in an all-time team).

3rd place with 9 votes so far for my team - about what I expected...

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Happy to get 8 votes so far. More than I got for any of the drafts before over here. Think the strategy of starting from Hobbs helped in the final analysis.