• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in the West Indies 2012

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
The batting selected is abysmal. Depends entirely on the lower order really. Would much rather they picked middler order batsmen and used makeshift openers rather than what was selected. Also no way does Sammy deserve a place in the squad. His figures as a batsman and bowler since being selected are absolutely disgraceful.

pup11

International Coach
Just noticed that Forrest is also in the T20 side, hoping that's just an error of some sort.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just noticed that Forrest is also in the T20 side, hoping that's just an error of some sort.
It's no error, it's a strong indication that he'll be there for the Tests too. I'm no hippy Forrest T20 fan, but who would you suggest instead Pup?

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i just assumed they've decided it's ****ing stupid to fly a guy all over to the WI just for a T20, and if you're gonna be in the OD squad, and in the Test squad.......I'd also be asking Haddin to make himself available for T20 selection just in case Wade gets an injury on the eve of the match.

sparkey

Cricket Spectator
It's no error, it's a strong indication that he'll be there for the Tests too. I'm no hippy Forrest T20 fan, but who would you suggest instead Pup?
Seems that Callum Ferguson is really on the outs with the selectors at the moment.

uvelocity

International Coach
who would you suggest instead Pup?
I'm guessing someone young, who will be there for the t20 WC and maybe the one after that, building for the future. But must have a proven international record, and have a strong record both in home conditions and away. Possibly be captain material and able to open the batting or come in at 4/10 and rescue the innings. Ability to bowl and great in the field useful attributes too.

I'm guessing ponting.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I'm guessing someone young, who will be there for the t20 WC and maybe the one after that, building for the future. But must have a proven international record, and have a strong record both in home conditions and away. Possibly be captain material and able to open the batting or come in at 4/10 and rescue the innings. Ability to bowl and great in the field useful attributes too.

I'm guessing ponting.

Last edited:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I'm guessing ponting.
Tom C00per!!

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Needless to say i wasn't overly enthused with the team they selected!! 8-) , but i guess it is what it is,

Powell
Charles
Samuels
Darren Bravo
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin (wk)
Russell
Narine
Sammy
Roach

I guess it depends on what pitch we play on where the spinners are concerned, if it's spin friendly then obviously Bishoo comes in, if not then Samuels can back up Narine which he done with good effect in India, we face the same old problem though and that's bloody Sammy unbalancing the team again!!.. i'm just fecking sick of it,

Simmons, Barath and Rampaul are injured otherwise they would have no doubt played, Powell, Samuels and Darren Bravo at the top though are more than capable of hitting good scores, Charles is a hit and miss type of player, on his day he can score quickly and get a 40 in no time, when he's not on form though he'll waste a number of balls and then get out on 7, better him than Hyatt though, Ramdin is another one who has been getting runs lately so hopefully it continues,

With Narine in our side i feel like anything is possible, he's just been sensational over these past few weeks in our domestic competition, he's already faced Watson (got his wicket actually) and Hussey (who couldn't read him) in the Champions league so he won't be fazed,

With Clark out i think we've got a fair chance of getting something from this series, we fought hard in India and should have won more than we did, hopefully they'll show just as much fight at home now.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Needless to say i wasn't overly enthused with the team they selected!! 8-) , but i guess it is what it is,

Powell
Charles
Samuels
Darren Bravo
Dwayne Bravo
Pollard
Ramdin (wk)
Russell
Narine
Sammy
Roach

I guess it depends on what pitch we play on where the spinners are concerned, if it's spin friendly then obviously Bishoo comes in, if not then Samuels can back up Narine which he done with good effect in India, we face the same old problem though and that's bloody Sammy unbalancing the team again!!.. i'm just fecking sick of it,

Simmons, Barath and Rampaul are injured otherwise they would have no doubt played, Powell, Samuels and Darren Bravo at the top though are more than capable of hitting good scores, Charles is a hit and miss type of player, on his day he can score quickly and get a 40 in no time, when he's not on form though he'll waste a number of balls and then get out on 7, better him than Hyatt though, Ramdin is another one who has been getting runs lately so hopefully it continues,

With Narine in our side i feel like anything is possible, he's just been sensational over these past few weeks in our domestic competition, he's already faced Watson (got his wicket actually) and Hussey (who couldn't read him) in the Champions league so he won't be fazed,

With Clark out i think we've got a fair chance of getting something from this series, we fought hard in India and should have won more than we did, hopefully they'll show just as much fight at home now.
good post.