• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anderson and Steyn

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
say for instance, there was a tour match, he could have used that to get into rythm.
Yeah but there wasn't, and in modern cricket there often isn't. If we accept the reasoning that he's slow to get back into rhythm after a layoff or whatever then that's a criticism of his bowling as he'd be more useful if it wasn't so.

Don't get me wrong; I think he's best bowler in the world by a pretty big margin and I expect him to go down as one of the best bowlers of all time. I just don't really like your logic there. It doesn't really matter why he didn't bowl well - point is he didn't, and it rightly counts against him. Maybe it's overplayed or whatever, I'm not arguing that; I'm just saying the reason for him not bowling well doesn't really matter.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
@akilana, I wasn't taking anything away from Steyn by highlighting his poor series against us. I can understand why he wasn't as good as he normally is. The pitches were dreadful (Pakistan managing to overcome a collapse says a lot about the pitches), and he had been injured (as you have pointed out).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Funny, I don't remember people making allowance for Broad's injury woes when people were hilariously claiming Sreesanth and Ishant were better bowlers than him.