• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst choke ever

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Which is the worst choke ever by a team in your opinion?
The NZ vs SA match today is high up in the rankings in that.

I do remember a match in which Kallis and Klusener choked against India in India while chasing an easy target and couldnt chase it even though they had wickets in hand. They hardly scored runs in the end overs, which were mostly bowled by Sehwag. For some reason, couldn't remember exactly which match it is.

Edit: Lets keep it to the choke as used in cricket terms and do not post pics of chokes :)

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Which is the worst choke ever by a team in your opinion?
The NZ vs SA match today is high up in the rankings in that.

I do remember a match in which Kallis and Klusener choked against India in India while chasing an easy target and couldnt chase it even though they had wickets in hand. They hardly scored runs in the end overs, which were mostly bowled by Sehwag. For some reason, couldn't remember exactly which match it is.

Edit: Lets keep it to the choke as used in cricket terms and do not post pics of chokes :)
Are you thinking about the Champions Trophy match in the scorecard below? 1st SF: India v South Africa at Colombo (RPS), Sep 25, 2002 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Spark

Global Moderator
Just so we're clear, a choke is when a team has a situation which is fairly straightforward and that they really, really should win from and they **** it up, yes?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just so we're clear, a choke is when a team has a situation which is fairly straightforward and that they really, really should win from and they **** it up, yes?
Yep, or equally "cannot lose" (in the case of tests).

Today's T20 and Adelaide 2006 the worst I've ever seen.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want WI to rise to the top of world cricket asap because they celebrate like no-one else

Briony

International Debutant
What about the 438 game? - shouldn't Australia been able to defend that especially after having SA 1/7?