• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket that two people on the forum care about

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Does anyone know where I can get updated scores from the warm-up T20 qualifiers? Also, is there a thread for the tournament?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
https://www.facebook.com/1857731281...5773128128517/661145823924576/?type=1&theater

Chetan Suryawanshi becomes the first player to score a 100 & take a hat-trick in a 50 overs international match.

Chetan, the linchpin of the Singapore batting, also once held the world record of scoring the fastest hundred in a T20 international match (in 36 balls vs China in ACC T20 Cup 2009), which was later overtaken by van der Westhuizen of Namibia in 2011.
wafg. Hit me for a massive six once, landed on the pitch on the field next to us. wac.

Last edited:

Daemon

Singapore - Malaysia is actually a rivalry. Dire that we lost the finals but wtv, still through.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I see Mark Vermeulen is playing for Zimbabwe A against Afghanistan A. I'm sure he has a great future ahead of him in the Test team. Well played.

But seriously, after all the issues he had, it's good to see him back playing cricket at a reasonable level.

jan

State Vice-Captain
A little affiliate cricket plugin.
Switzerland, Luxembourg, Poland and Czech Republic are going to play a 3-day t20 tournament in Prague in September. Not ICC-sanctioned but its the first such event in the history of Czech cricket. Going to provide more detail and a link as soon as there are some.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
So as mentioned in What are you thinking? thread, I went to watch a day of cricket at something called Unity Cup (T20) in Chicago. I really just went to accompany my brother-in-law who played for the Madison team, but what I found while there was that this is an ICC approved event with several international players participating. I found the list on PakPassion after a bit googling (I met/watched the bolded play):

Kamran Akmal (Pak Team)
Hammad Azam (Pak Team)
Shazaib Hassan (Pak Team)
M. Sami (Pak Team)
Shabbir Ahmad (Pak Team)
Khalid Latif (Pak Team)
Sohail Khan (Pak Team)
Tahir Khan (Pak Team)
Azeem Ghumman (Pak Team)
Jimmy Hansra (Canada Team - Captain)
Ricardo Powell (West Indies)
Mervyn Dillon (West Indies)
Fahad Babar (Usa Team)
Adam Sanford (Usa Team)
Orlando Baker (Usa Team)
Steven Taylor (Usa Team - Captain)

Only guy I'm missing was a Nepalese cricketer who is apparently a very explosive batsman.

Sami, Shabbir, Khalid, and Sohail (I actually talked to him without realizing who he was) were all on the same team - Punjab Lions - and won the whole thing by pretty much dismantling every single team. My BIL's team got taken for 290 runs and only managed to scored 110 in response.

Akmal didn't keep, just played mid-on and extra cover but still managed to miss an easy runout. Watched him bowl as well. Great 1st over followed by giving up 3 huge sixes. He batted very well in a team full of knobheads. Sami and Shabbir weren't really doing anything special on the day I went, but Sohail was bowling very well, faster than Sami. Steven Taylor was great to watch. He reminds me of Jayasuria. He also made one of the best fielding moves saving a 6 that I ever watched live.

All the guys I met were very nice and accommodating. Got some bad quality pics and videos (remember, I didn't realize how big this thing was so didn't bring a proper camera) that I'll upload later.

One thing that really stood out to me was just how much better the bottom of the barrel international players are compared to us mortals. Most of the local guys participating play in the Midwest Cricket Conference, which has probably the highest standard of cricket in this part of the country, yet they were consistently getting blown away by a 40 year old Dillon.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I didn't realise that Jermaine Lawson had opted to play for the USA. Apparently selected despite ongoing worries about his bowling action. Should theoretically be a solid coup for the USA, but their recent West Indian imports haven't necessarily been a success.

Daemon

Can't believe we lost to Uganda by one run. We'd likely have got through to Div 2 if we had won that game :(

They beat Nepal though, so if we can pull off this chase of 270 (highly unlikely) then we're through with Uganda.

Chubb

International Regular
Can't believe we lost to Uganda by one run. We'd likely have got through to Div 2 if we had won that game :(

They beat Nepal though, so if we can pull off this chase of 270 (highly unlikely) then we're through with Uganda.
I've become interested in Malaysian & Singapore cricket in the last few months. It's a shame they never developed into good associate sides but perhaps they'll get there one day, tho the way sports organised in Malaysia, from what I've heard, it is unlikely.

Perhaps if Azlan Shah had played cricket rather than hockey they would be a top-ranking associate!

Last edited: