• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket that two people on the forum care about

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
spent 5 minutes searching for the scorecard and have given up. lousy website.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah it wasn't there that was the point. it's up now

the blokes I know did nothing, for the singas madakia got 45 and ar singh took 4 wickets

one bloke got half the runs, must have been tonking them with a first wicket partnership of 51 and his partner out for 2.

Daemon

haha owned by a 16y/o. scores 30 batting at 10 and follows it up with 4-12.

ganeshran

International Debutant
The Singapore team looks like a mixture of Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan origin players. Just like the Canadian side that played in the world cup

Daemon

The Singapore team looks like a mixture of Indian, Pakistani and Sri Lankan origin players. Just like the Canadian side that played in the world cup
It is. They started off as 90% expats but the percentage is shifting now. The dude who smashed the ton is a home grown player.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How did you actually get into cricket, Daemon? I know you have some sort of Indian heritage; do your parent(s) follow the game?

ganeshran

International Debutant
It is. They started off as 90% expats but the percentage is shifting now. The dude who smashed the ton is a home grown player.
Is cricket a popular sport in Singapore. The only way non SC expats would start playing is if the general population starts taking interest in the game

Daemon

How did you actually get into cricket, Daemon? I know you have some sort of Indian heritage; do your parent(s) follow the game?
My mom sort of does, but she's just a casual fan. I didn't care much for Cricket until about 12, when I first entered Secondary School. We were asked to go to tryouts for all the sports in our first week there and I got selected for Cricket and Hockey because I could field (didn't even know how to hold a bat ftr :p), but I chose to go for Cricket because one of my friends was joining it too.

Started following the game with more interest after that and modeled myself after a right handed Irfan Pathan. Was progressing really well until 17-18 where I sort of stagnated and others overtook me. Haven't played much cricket since. aka Irfan Pathan. Maybe I'll make a comeback someday if I can get my lazy arse out of bed during my off days.

Is cricket a popular sport in Singapore. The only way non SC expats would start playing is if the general population starts taking interest in the game
It's gaining popularity, but once again, mainly with the 3rd generation of expat kids, who are Singaporean by nationality but Indian/Pakistani/Australian by race. The Chinese blokes don't take to it, although there have been a few of them who've reached national level.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My mom sort of does, but she's just a casual fan. I didn't care much for Cricket until about 12, when I first entered Secondary School. We were asked to go to tryouts for all the sports in our first week there and I got selected for Cricket and Hockey because I could field (didn't even know how to hold a bat ftr :p), but I chose to go for Cricket because one of my friends was joining it too.
That's pretty interesting; you basically got into it as a genuine Singaporean - had friends playing, played school cricket - as opposed to just being the descendant of an Indian ex-pat. That's pretty encouraging for the game there.

Spikey

frankly i don't see how you can play cricket without chewing gum #hopethisjokehasn'tbeenmade

Daemon

That's pretty interesting; you basically got into it as a genuine Singaporean - had friends playing, played school cricket - as opposed to just being the descendant of an Indian ex-pat. That's pretty encouraging for the game there.
That's sort of true, but the fact remains that if I didn't know what cricket was before I joined school I'd have probably gone for Hockey. The friend that got me to join it was Indian as well.

I don't really have a problem with our team being full of expats at the moment, I mean England is one of the biggest cricketing nations out there and even they have a few, but in the future I'm hoping we see more homegrown players breaking into the national side. Once that happens then we'll be able to move on to spreading the game to the Chinese, Malay and local Indian (Tamil) population.

but he was crap
I was amazing. Have had my name in the papers. :cool: