• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Solution

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
So sorry Mister Wrong, but I have a reason for inaccuracies about the 'Gabba. I'm not a Queenslander, which you might have gauged seeing as I can string an intelligent sentence together.
Honestly, the guy's name is Kyle Wright. Can't you just accept that? As for the intelligent sentance, I've seen many from Kyle, since he really does know what he's talking about.

Last edited:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
I don't go around picking fights, Neil. I just have a low tolerance for ignorance.
And if I'm talking cricket at the same time, then I'm really not doing anything wrong.
And I think you'll find we have a low tolerance for ignorance as well. So stop being ignorant and get on with posting about cricket. It would help if you were posting about cricket but you seem to have started a one-man-war on Wrighty who's one of the nicest guys on this board.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Getting back on-topic...
There is no point whatsoever in trying to promote The Pura Cup. Like any domestic-First-Class competition, it's not a spectator thing. The spectator branches of the game are one-day-cricket and Test-matches.
You don't get big crowds anywhere in The World in domestic-First-Class-cricket; The ECB have tried to change this and it's quite worrying how much money they may waste doing so. CA have got money to burn, but it's still a shame to see them wasting it. They'd both do better to try and promote the National League and ING Cup. These haven't got as much potential as ODIs but far more than the County Championship or Pura Cup. Especially if they can get day\night cricket more regular.
How many day\nighers are there in The ING Cup? And what is a typical gate?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Queensland have four day-nighters at home this season. They usually get 2-3 thousand to those, sometimes they can get 5 thousand against N.S.W.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Queensland have four day-nighters at home this season. They usually get 2-3 thousand to those, sometimes they can get 5 thousand against N.S.W.
Wow is that it :O - I always thought cricket was bigger and more popular than that... Even Kent manage to get that sort of figure week in week out in the OD'ers.. and alot more for Day / Night matches - We got over 10,000 in for S.Waugh's debut alone :) - Not bad for a punch of guys that get hardly any notice taken of them (opps oh yeah G.Jones, M.Saggers, R.Key, Ed Smith, J.Treadwell (Adamey) all played for England this year)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think the idea of letting kids off school or taking school excursions to the crickets a good idea, maybe they could get some of the players to stay around afterwards or in the lunch break to talk to them or something.

also for NSW, the ING cup games were very well anttended last year because they were in regional centres like Newcastle, Drummoyne oval, Telstra Stadium. the problem is that they are still contracted to the SCG for all but 1 pura cup game for the next 2 seasons, for example they got 16000 people to the pur cup game in newcastle.

iamdavid

International Debutant
It would be nice to see a few more games at Bowral , I went to the ING cup game there & it was packed , people come from all the NSW country towns , great atmosphere aswell.

Craig

World Traveller
With the exception of Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia hardly play any day night cricket.

Only WA and SA play all their games at the Adelaide Oval and the WACA. Generally grounds outside of the main Test and ODI venues are well supported.

They have been known to get sellouts at Bankstown Oval (home of the Waugh twins).