• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players that initially promised but eventually disappointed

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes he did.
If you say so.

Just for future reference though; if I ever call you anything other than your full username, I don't mean it offensively; I'm just lazy. I've got the "CWB" part memorised now anyway though because it makes me think of "Cricket Web - Bell" for some reason, so I'll probably just call you that.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Pietersen never used to play defensive strokes with his bat at the angles they are at currently, I reckon the whole deal with left arm spinners and all has just really scrambled his brain and technique.

woah, way to be over-the-top there. Who is gonna wanna type out CWB403 everytime they mention you?
:laugh:

Andre

International Regular
Matthew Elliott, Greg Blewett, Sadagopan Ramesh, Wahjatulla Wasti, Brett Lee (Test cricket only), Azhar Mahmood, Liam Plunkett, Peter Fulton, Amit Mishra.

And Atul Sharma.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Piyush Chawla another one that comes to mind. Was superb against England in the 2007 ODI's as an 18 year old but practically disappeared. Just remembered he played a few games in the world cup but struggled.

subshakerz

International Coach
Pakistan has too many sadly in recent times:

Basit Ali - looked like the next Miandad when he first came then petered out.

Mohammad Zahid - injury destroyed the career of possibly the fastest bowler ever who took 11 wickets on debut.

Mohammad Wasim - showed a lot of promise with a super straight bat and tight technique when he scored a debut ton and when he first came to Australia in 96, but never really launched after that.

Shoaib Akthar - Could have been up there with Imran and the 2Ws if he was not so self-destructive.

Mohammad Sami - Was a sharp bowler in the Brett Lee mold with a fifer on debut, but never learned how to swing the ball.

Aamer and Asif - Two potential all-time greats down the drain.

Umar Akmal - Looked a super talent when he first came but clearly lacks temperament.

hazsa19

International Regular
I've always pitied those who intentionally misspell other posters' nicks as half-wits, who are so desperate for giggles, and so utterly incapable of generating their intended effect of mockery by creditable means, that they needs must stoop to grubby, base and uncivil methods to attain their ends. What say ye?
I would love to know what's giggle worthy, uncivil or at all controversial about ABC123!

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
I would love to know what's giggle worthy, uncivil or at all controversial about ABC123!
My actual nick is quoted every time I post; by alluding to my post on this occasion and previously you attest to the fact that you are aware that it is 'CWB304'. The version of it you persist in promoting for whatever reason is the same length, so obviously does not serve as a diminutive, as say 'CWB', or '304', might.

Either you are a mental defective who is capable neither of faithfully copying / copying and pasting 'CWB304' nor of coming up with an intelligible mnemonic aid such as 'CWB' or '304', or you're trying to be funny. And failing.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I've always pitied those who intentionally misspell other posters' nicks as half-wits, who are so desperate for giggles, and so utterly incapable of generating their intended effect of mockery by creditable means, that they needs must stoop to grubby, base and uncivil methods to attain their ends. What say ye?
I say that ye need to chill out a bit and stop patronising those who have the temerity to disagree with you. We're not all out to get you, so just relax, eh? You actually have a great deal to bring to this forum.

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
I say that ye need to chill out a bit and stop patronising those who have the temerity to disagree with you. We're not all out to get you, so just relax, eh? You actually have a great deal to bring to this forum.
Thanks, advice taken. Chris Lewis is definitely a good one. He was a much better batsman than he ever really showed. He could generate pace with the bowling too - but I never really rated it as much as his batting as his action was technically flawed.

Apparently he got in trouble with the law after his career was over too? Very sad.