• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn vs Allan Donald vs Shaun Pollock

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

Mike5181

International Captain

Tests: 263 wickets @ 23.07 SR 40.0
ODIs: 89 wickets @ 28.12 SR 32.7

Tests: 330 wickets @ 22.25 SR 47.0
ODIs: 272 wickets @ 21.78 SR 31.4

Tests: 421 wickets @ 23.11 SR 57.8
ODIs: 393 @ 24.50 SR 39.90

Who would you take?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
What wonderful blokes all 3 of them. Will take Donald as of now. Of course Steyn has time to overtake.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
^lol, he always seemed like a nerdy cub scout leader. If he worked a desk job, I'm sure his cubicle would be plastered with motivational bits and pieces.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Donald and Steyn are a different sort of bowler to Pollock but I'd still take AD over Steyn at this point - partly because he could do it in both forms of the game (plus he was an awesome county bowler)

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Donald marginally the best bowler, would pick Pollock in my world XI because of his batting.

Also, Pollock is a ***y man, the other two definitely aren't.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Pollock for me. Once you add in the value of his batting it becomes even clearer, but I'd take him even on bowling alone. I do expect Steyn to eventually eclipse both but as of now I'd go Pollock > Donald > Steyn. It's all very close though; good thread.

Ruckus

International Captain
Pollock for me. Once you add in the value of his batting it becomes even clearer, but I'd take him even on bowling alone. I do expect Steyn to eventually eclipse both but as of now I'd go Pollock > Donald > Steyn. It's all very close though; good thread.
I assumed the OP was just talking about their bowling, given he only put up those figures. If he is talking about both then yeah Pollock is the clear winner.