• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn vs Allan Donald vs Shaun Pollock

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

longtom

School Boy/Girl Captain
I remember when Pollock came onto the international scene. He was fast! Yes - a tad erratic at times but fast nevertheless.

Later on he bowled 125 or there about. Accurate, yes, and he got wickets but wasn't more exciting than a wall clock.

The most exciting one was Donald because you never knew what you got. One day he destroyed everybody standing and then, truly, I thought nobody is better. The next day he would bowl pies, didn't get his run up right, looked awkward and one would search for the Donald of yesterday. After a while you'd write him off - which would be exactly the time he would bowl a spell that would make the Waugh brothers look like school cricketers. Fast, aggressive and without pity. I loved him - and loved to hate him .... :@:laugh:

So Donald for the most exciting bowler - but if I had to choose which one I'd take in my team on day to day bowling performance it would be Steyn. He has the right mixture of accuracy, aggressiveness, reliability and pace. If you have that the figures will take care of themselves.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
The only easy position is to list Pollock third, after that it gets difficult, it's apparent that Steyn will be past Donald by the time is career is over, and he very well may have already, but it's difficult to say.

Really wished he maintained his speed better throughout spells as well though.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn has a legitimate case to be c considered in top 5 greatest fast bowlers. I am almost ready to put him in that bracket alongside Marshall, Hadlee, Ambrose and McGrath. May be when he has taken 400 test wickets, I will start putting him in that company.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's not that he can't either. He's been consciously bowling about 10ks within himself for aaages