• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dale Steyn vs Allan Donald vs Shaun Pollock

Who is the better bowler?

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So annoyed I didn't get a like from lolitsme because I didn't post in this thread, agree with Flem though on #113 for the record.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
That wasn't aggressive at all.

But seriously, De Kock?
It's a type of dismissve aggressiveness that I find pretty irritating.

Yep, DeKock. Has played enough ODIs to see what he's about, and essentially it's a choice between him and Boucher. I was never a Boucher fan, and in ODIs I like keepers who bat in the top 6.

SeamUp

International Coach
Lol Love the variety in this thread.

Who had the best celebration ? Donald the aeroplane, Steyn the chain-saw & Pollock the fist-pump

Last edited:

Slifer

International Captain
Rabada needs to bring it away. Did ok in England, awesome in Oz but away returns need improving. At least sub 25

Bolo

State Captain
Philander is not exactly a sub-par bowler, but Rabada is a decade younger. Less than 400 wickets would actually be a surprise, which is a huge number for a quick

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It'll be interesting to see how they manage his workload going forward, since he's part of their best XI in all formats.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia's only hope here is that Cummins runs through the rest of the SA batting and we restrict them to 100 or so and then bat like we've never batted before.

SeamUp

International Coach
We just forget how good Pollock was. As the stat showed best average in history when getting to 200 test wickets. That debut England series was awesome. He had to change is action to become more economical because of injury but used to love wild Pollock too.

Zinzan

This may have been a close-ish thing 6 years ago when the thread was started, but now Steyn quite comfortably for me, followed by Donald..and then Pollocka wee way back. Donald was a genuine ATG fast bowler, def top 20 of all-time.. but Steyn is a genuine top 5 contender.

Personally, the only pace bowlers I have ahead of Steyn are Marshall, Hadlee, & Ambrose.

Zinzan

@ Seam-up, Seeing that early footage, Pollock was quicker than I thought when he started... I remember him more in the 128-135 kms range for the last half of his career.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
@ Seam-up, Seeing that early footage, Pollock was quicker than I thought when he started... I remember him more in the 128-135 kms range for the last half of his career.
He started at about 145km/h but without the control... fast early career.