• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tony Greig mad with power while Channel Nine request cuddles, compensation

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah read that.

If that influences the decision as to whether Channel 9 show Australia vs. Sri Lanka on delay for the ****ing rugby league, rather than put it on Gem, I'll ****ing blow my top.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Greig has lost it here. The broadcasters should have no say whatsoever in who makes it to the final XI. Its entirely the team management's decision

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Well I don't understand why any family would fork out over $100 to go along and watch an ODI and not be treated to the best players both countries have to offer. I can understand any anger the Adelaide fans may have had by turning up only to find out Tendulkar wasn't playing. The problem with Australia's rotation in recent years is that there have only been 4-5 genuine regulars in the side and the rest have essentially been first grade cricketers who have taken turns having a couple of goes in the team each. Who would pay over $100 to watch half a first grade team run around for Australia when they won't even pay $10 to go watch a Ryobi Cup game?

ganeshran

International Debutant
By that logic, Indian crowds and broadcasters should complain the most because apart from the WC, the sides that have played in the home ODIs have been the second or third string sides. The team management often rests and rotates key players to prepare for the future or to let them have a breather.

Selection decisions should me made with purely a sporting perspective and economic reasons shouldn't be allow to dictate terms. But the ticket prices should be reduced if key players arent playing. Dont know how such concessions could be made for broadcasters though. Maybe they should keep this in mind while deciding the bidding amounts.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
By that logic, Indian crowds and broadcasters should complain the most because apart from the WC, the sides that have played in the home ODIs have been the second or third string sides. The team management often rests and rotates key players to prepare for the future or to let them have a breather.

Selection decisions should me made with purely a sporting perspective and economic reasons shouldn't be allow to dictate terms. But the ticket prices should be reduced if key players arent playing. Dont know how such concessions could be made for broadcasters though. Maybe they should keep this in mind while deciding the bidding amounts.
Isn't one of the reasons Nimbus are suing the BCCI exactly that?

ganeshran

International Debutant
Isn't one of the reasons Nimbus are suing the BCCI exactly that?
Nimbus's main beef with the BCCI is their not scheduling the series with Pakistan. IMO the lawsuit is more of a counter measure to avoid paying the 50-60 million that they still owe BCCI.

Its been a long time since SRT played at home ODIs and the other big 2 (Laxman and Dravid) are anyways not in the ODI reckoning. The top draw in ODIs is Dhoni and even he was rested in the home matches against Windies

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a Parra game, and the cricket finalists will be well known. Footy ftw. Listen to the radio or cop an illegal feed, ****s.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nimbus's main beef with the BCCI is their not scheduling the series with Pakistan. IMO the lawsuit is more of a counter measure to avoid paying the 50-60 million that they still owe BCCI.

Its been a long time since SRT played at home ODIs and the other big 2 (Laxman and Dravid) are anyways not in the ODI reckoning. The top draw in ODIs is Dhoni and even he was rested in the home matches against Windies
I'm sure I read that one of their gripes with the BCCI was that the big stars played barely any ODIs in India's last home season.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It's a Parra game, and the cricket finalists will be well known. Footy ftw. Listen to the radio or cop an illegal feed, ****s.
You're missing the point. They should put it on Gem rather than put it on delay.

Who the **** watches an ODI on delay?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Would prefer Nine to sort out their product (commentary, HD, production values) before they start moaning with this crap.

Spark

Global Moderator
For starters show the ****ing overs bowled during a PP so I know how many balls have been bowled in the over!

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I'm sure I read that one of their gripes with the BCCI was that the big stars played barely any ODIs in India's last home season.
Their main gripe with the BCCI is that the BCCI went ahead and cancelled their contract and forfeited their bank guarantee, when they didn't pay their dues on time. And on top of that the BCCI is demanding another 50/60 million as damages for rest of their contract. :laugh:

Don't know the full details but the BCCI and Nimbus haven't been on great terms for a while. This lawsuit from Nimbus is just a counter to that to get whatever they can.

Jayzamann

International Regular
For starters show the ****ing overs bowled during a PP so I know how many balls have been bowled in the over!
Think it would be more fitting to have the graphics turn red and have CGI flames come up from the bottom of the screen.

POWERPLAY