Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Greig mad with power while Channel Nine request cuddles, compensation

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!

Tony Greig mad with power while Channel Nine request cuddles, compensation

Nine talks tough over cricket's absent stars

I don't even know where to start here. What an absolutely ridiculous suggestion by Greig and McNamara.
    Jesus saves

member of Liverpool FC and Melbourne City

Yeah read that.

If that influences the decision as to whether Channel 9 show Australia vs. Sri Lanka on delay for the ****ing rugby league, rather than put it on Gem, I'll ****ing blow my top.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Greig has lost it here. The broadcasters should have no say whatsoever in who makes it to the final XI. Its entirely the team management's decision
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Or maybe, TV companies shouldn't be bidding such ridiculous sums of money for ODI rights.

Well I don't understand why any family would fork out over $100 to go along and watch an ODI and not be treated to the best players both countries have to offer. I can understand any anger the Adelaide fans may have had by turning up only to find out Tendulkar wasn't playing. The problem with Australia's rotation in recent years is that there have only been 4-5 genuine regulars in the side and the rest have essentially been first grade cricketers who have taken turns having a couple of goes in the team each. Who would pay over $100 to watch half a first grade team run around for Australia when they won't even pay $10 to go watch a Ryobi Cup game?
    Andrew Symonds 143*

Tony Greig can suck on a fat one.

By that logic, Indian crowds and broadcasters should complain the most because apart from the WC, the sides that have played in the home ODIs have been the second or third string sides. The team management often rests and rotates key players to prepare for the future or to let them have a breather.

Selection decisions should me made with purely a sporting perspective and economic reasons shouldn't be allow to dictate terms. But the ticket prices should be reduced if key players arent playing. Dont know how such concessions could be made for broadcasters though. Maybe they should keep this in mind while deciding the bidding amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    By that logic, Indian crowds and broadcasters should complain the most because apart from the WC, the sides that have played in the home ODIs have been the second or third string sides. The team management often rests and rotates key players to prepare for the future or to let them have a breather.

Selection decisions should me made with purely a sporting perspective and economic reasons shouldn't be allow to dictate terms. But the ticket prices should be reduced if key players arent playing. Dont know how such concessions could be made for broadcasters though. Maybe they should keep this in mind while deciding the bidding amounts.
    Isn't one of the reasons Nimbus are suing the BCCI exactly that?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Isn't one of the reasons Nimbus are suing the BCCI exactly that?
    Nimbus's main beef with the BCCI is their not scheduling the series with Pakistan. IMO the lawsuit is more of a counter measure to avoid paying the 50-60 million that they still owe BCCI.

Its been a long time since SRT played at home ODIs and the other big 2 (Laxman and Dravid) are anyways not in the ODI reckoning. The top draw in ODIs is Dhoni and even he was rested in the home matches against Windies

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    It's a Parra game, and the cricket finalists will be well known. Footy ftw. Listen to the radio or cop an illegal feed, ****s.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by ganeshran View Post
    Nimbus's main beef with the BCCI is their not scheduling the series with Pakistan. IMO the lawsuit is more of a counter measure to avoid paying the 50-60 million that they still owe BCCI.

Its been a long time since SRT played at home ODIs and the other big 2 (Laxman and Dravid) are anyways not in the ODI reckoning. The top draw in ODIs is Dhoni and even he was rested in the home matches against Windies
    I'm sure I read that one of their gripes with the BCCI was that the big stars played barely any ODIs in India's last home season.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    It's a Parra game, and the cricket finalists will be well known. Footy ftw. Listen to the radio or cop an illegal feed, ****s.
    You're missing the point. They should put it on Gem rather than put it on delay.

Who the **** watches an ODI on delay?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You're missing the point. They should put it on Gem rather than put it on delay.

Who the **** watches an ODI on delay?
    Nah ****. NRL on both.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Would prefer Nine to sort out their product (commentary, HD, production values) before they start moaning with this crap.

For starters show the ****ing overs bowled during a PP so I know how many balls have been bowled in the over!
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information