Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tony Greig mad with power while Channel Nine request cuddles, compensation

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Lol NRL.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    Man are Channel 9 idiots!!
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I'm sure I read that one of their gripes with the BCCI was that the big stars played barely any ODIs in India's last home season.
    Their main gripe with the BCCI is that the BCCI went ahead and cancelled their contract and forfeited their bank guarantee, when they didn't pay their dues on time. And on top of that the BCCI is demanding another 50/60 million as damages for rest of their contract.

Don't know the full details but the BCCI and Nimbus haven't been on great terms for a while. This lawsuit from Nimbus is just a counter to that to get whatever they can.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    For starters show the ****ing overs bowled during a PP so I know how many balls have been bowled in the over!
    Think it would be more fitting to have the graphics turn red and have CGI flames come up from the bottom of the screen.

POWERPLAY

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    I'm so glad Tony Greig's not in England anymore.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

I'm sure he is too.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Tom View Post
    I'm so glad Tony Greig's not in England anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    I'm sure he is too.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

Are the bowlers getting him out a disgrace to cricket
    Last edited by Cabinet96; 13-02-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

International Vice-Captain
    TV executives know full well the best sides won't be put out when they sign deals. And as a fan, I see the bigger picture. It is one game out of how many this summer? If Tendulkar wasn't on 99 hundreds, it wouldn't be an issue.

First off, Greig shouldn't be allowed to be associated with international cricket. He was a big player in a league that threatened the future of the game.

Secondly, whoever this McNamara character is, he can jog on as well. I'm sick of TV execs who now think they are bigger than the game and have it by the plums simply because they have the bucks.

Yeah read that.

If that influences the decision as to whether Channel 9 show Australia vs. Sri Lanka on delay for the ****ing rugby league, rather than put it on Gem, I'll ****ing blow my top.
    It's going to happen IMO, though the talk about stars not playing is just bluster. The NRL opener will rate way higher than a bog standard ODI, particularly if it's a dead rubber. The decision won't be any more complicated than that.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEHMbJ_FVfA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5oGJTUpbpA

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    It's going to happen IMO, though the talk about stars not playing is just bluster. The NRL opener will rate way higher than a bog standard ODI, particularly if it's a dead rubber. The decision won't be any more complicated than that.
    Come on Ausage, once again I am not saying the cricket should be on 9 ahead of the NRL.

I am saying the cricket should be live on GEM when the NRL is on. Not on bloody delay after the rugby.

This thread is proof NRL fans can't read
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Come on Ausage, once again I am not saying the cricket should be on 9 ahead of the NRL.

I am saying the cricket should be live on GEM when the NRL is on. Not on bloody delay after the rugby.

Has there actually been any suggestion at all of Nine showing the ODI on delay though?

They'll show the ODI either side of the NRL game on Nine, and while the NRL is on they'll stick the ODI on GEM. I haven't heard any suggestion of a delay so far from anyone other than you.
    Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09
    'Stats' is not a synonym for 'Career Test Averages'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Tucker
    Someone asked me the other day if I believe in conspiracies. Well, sure. Here's one. It is called the political system. It is nothing if not a giant conspiracy to rob, trick and subjugate the population.
    Before replying to TJB, always remember:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
    Next week I'll probably be arguing the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Has there actually been any suggestion at all of Nine showing the ODI on delay though?

They'll show the ODI either side of the NRL game on Nine, and while the NRL is on they'll stick the ODI on GEM. I haven't heard any suggestion of a delay so far from anyone other than you.
    Why would I make this up? It's in the article Nnanden linked to.

Concerns over the rotation policy have come at an inopportune time for CA, with the last game before the tri-series finals shown on delay in NSW and Queensland because of a clash of scheduling with round one of the NRL.
    Nine is debating whether to show both the Friday-night clash at the MCG and the NRL blockbuster between Brisbane and Parramatta on its main digital channel rather than offload the game to one of its secondary channels and leave viewers with analogue televisions unable to watch. However, this would mean the cricket would be shown on delay, angering CA.

Yeah I can't really see them putting it 'against' each other, so delay seems likely, which is a disgrace obv.

Nah, we just have a problem with clear communication

My point was more about the fact that 9 do what they want due to ratings. If they feel they'll get higher numbers by putting on the cricket after the NRL then that's what they'll do. They likely feel that putting the cricket on alongside the footy will cause a drop in numbers for both shows, and I reckon they're correct. I for one am more likely to watch the cricket because of this. Doesn't make it right, and it sucks for the cricket fan who isn't interested in RL but they're just looking at numbers.

Isn't there a law that having the rights to sporting events of national signifigance forces you to use them live (or close to) if you have the capacity? Would have thought an international cricket match fell into the national signifigance category, and with Gem they're certainly capable.

EDIT: or what benchy said above me.
    Last edited by Ausage; 13-02-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information