• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gayle the Mercenary

smash84

The Tiger King
lol.....Benchy your avatar with the crown and sceptre is hilarious

edit....that is shri :lol:

edit....and that is Spikey lol

Last edited:

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Lol Pollard is a slogger. Yusuf Pathan is a slogger. Not Gayle. You don't score 5-6 100s in T20 cricket in a year if you are just a slogger. A ****ing good batsman who has been chucked out of the national team just when he hit his prime as a batsman imo. WI's loss.
yeah but not such a great accomplishment when you're ostracized from real, international cricket, and so are obviously facing sub-international quality club bowlers. And it IS only t20 after all.

He has been distinctly mediocre in his Test match career, in an era of generally flat pitches. Let's just say his bark is worse than his bite.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'm correct in saying Gayle's currently not playing for the WI because he criticised the board, and he refuses to retract those statements, yes? So....it's nothing really new is it? I suppose Gayle's the first person to go around making **** loads of money playing T20 cricket while he's in exile but...It's a huge bummer that such a talented player isn't playing international cricket, but you know, 'He's the anti-cricket'? No he ain't. I mean, is Boycott the anti-cricket for quitting international cricket cause he hated Denness? Is Bradman the anti-cricket because he threatened to quit cricket because he signed a deal with a paper that the ACB didn't approve of? What about the Aus players who quit international cricket to go play club cricket in england? A few guys have just been done for match fixing remember...
If Gayle was the anti-cricket, then why would he go back to Jamaica to smash a ton in a First Class game?

As far as I'm aware, Gayle's absence from the West Indies side isn't because Gayle's decided that he doesn't want to play for the West Indies - it's the board that's decided that. So what's wrong with Gayle being a T20 mercenary and playing in various leagues around the world?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Exactly. Why would he go back and play first class if he wasn't interested in the longer form?

Gayle hate has become an outlet for test snobs.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
ermm why Chris Gayle is so far behind Kohli? Care to explain?

The biggest problem with Gayle is that he doesn't seem serious about cricket (which is his job and he should be doing to the best of his ability). In other words he comes across as a slacker.
Personal opinion. I think Kohli is one of the biggest douches in the world. Whereas whilst I'm not in his fan club, I have time for Gayle. As an example - Kohli sledges the **** out of the Aussies early in the Test series, they get rolled over (and he gets no runs) then by Test 3-4 he's crying because the crowd are giving his family grief. For a start, it's irrelevant - the crowd don't know his mum and sister. And he's giving it the hard man approach, should suck it up. Plus I saw in the T20 or ODI the other day, he's taking a catch and turning around giving it the big one to them. Can't stand the bloke.

Gayle is serious about his job as a cricketer. He's the most serious about T20, which suits his game best and is the one he clearly enjoys the most. Watching the Big Bash, he certainly cared - it wasn't a hit and giggle for him.

He has represented West Indies, Barisal Burners, ICC World XI, Jamaica, Kolkata Knight Riders, Matabeleland Tuskers, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Stanford Superstars, Sydney Thunder, Western Australia and Worcestershire with pride.

Howe_zat

Audio File
You'll hate me more for this now ****.

I was about to say that this is perhaps the worst thing I've ever seen, but I can't at all be sure that i wouldn't be doing the same thing. Unless Kohli is actually taking himself seriously here. In which case this is the worst thing I've ever seen.