• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bill Bowes - The Elland Express

Himannv

International Coach
Great article and exceptionally well researched. So much info in there that gives a lot of insight into who he was. Fantastic job.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
A very worthy subject for a fertang bio (:cool:) and the author doesn't disappoint.

I may be confusing my cricketers, but I vaguely recall a story about Bowes's treasured journal being lost on a long train journey? A terrible waste if so.

the big bambino

International Captain
I wonder what the little bit of Bob Willis Hutton saw in Bowes? They were about the same height but you'd assume he would be comparing bowling methods. The likeness to Hadlee though appears accurate after reading about Bowes' bowling methods such as his pace off the pitch, accuracy, the surprise use of the bumper (this an evolutionary change in his bowling methods) and command of swing both ways.