• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Ramnaresh Sarwan play for West Indies again?

Cricketismylife

U19 12th Man
Sarwan is one of my favourite players. From the day he made his debut I expected great things. I probably overrated him but even taking that into account, he never performed to potential in the test arena. I badly want him to return to the West Indies test and 50 over teams, and I'm wondering if any West Indies fans or anyone else might know what the situation is with him. From what I've read it appears that tensions with the board combined with a loss of fitness and form have lead to his absence. Is it realistically possible that he can play for WI again?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yes it's possible he can play again. He just got caught up in the debacle that is Guyana cricket and so won't be playing the 4 day tournament. Once he can play again for Guyana and does well he'll be back.

sparkey

Cricket Spectator
I would say that both Kirk Edwards and Darren Bravo would be ahead of Sarwan in the pecking order in regards to the West Indies test team.

Woodster

International Captain
Has a big role to play this English summer having recently signed for Leicestershire, for the entire season.

A stand out season may go some way to him regaining his position in the West Indies side, and Leicester will need him to have a big season if their four-day form is to improve.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unlikely.... He'd probably like a big season for Leicestershire IMO.

How likely are Gayle and Bravo to return to the WI side?

roseboy64

Unlikely.... He'd probably like a big season for Leicestershire IMO.

How likely are Gayle and Bravo to return to the WI side?
Bravo's playing for T&T in the 4 day competition now so depends on how he does. He did well in the T20 competition earlier this year so he's got a good shot of being selected there.

roseboy64

Sarwan's going to play for Guyana over the weekend in FC so that'll go some way towards it.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Unlikely. Hopefully the team is looking towards youth (Bravo, Edwards, Barath, Simmons ect) with the experience provided by Chanderpaul. Its not impossible but he would have to do extrordinarily well this first class season.

roseboy64

Got injured fielding so only came out at number 8 when the game was almost done and got into the teens while tailenders fell around him.