• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Copycat bowling actions

Xuhaib

International Coach
at a point both King and Dillion looked the real deal however they never amounted to muck like so many of Windies post 95 criketers.

uvelocity

International Coach
another thread I haven't read but will post something random

favourite action to imitate - merv hughes!

smash84

The Tiger King
go and check out ESPN Legends of cricket on Malcolm Marshall.

You will find in it Holding narrating that about Marshall

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
In the analogy aren't you equating McGrath to Walsh and Akhtar and Bond to Holding?
No, saying that there's a thin line between fitness and athleticism and in the long run endurance and fitness are needed more for a fast bowler than the so-called 'athleticism of Usain Bolt kind'....and explaining with the help of some simplistic examples...neither am I equating McGrath to Walsh nor Akhtar or Bond to Holding...

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
so are you saying usain bolt is not fit?
You are missing my point. As arachnodouche says Usain Bolt's qualities are different from the qualities of a marathon champion. And I think that for a fast bowler the qualities of a marathon champion are more useful in the long run than the qualities of a Usain Bolt.

I rate one quality (for example, ability to bowl long spells at good pace under extreme heat) as a better quality for a pace bowler than the other (for example, hitting the 155 kmph mark in a 2-over spell). Call those by 'athleticism', 'fitness', 'endurance' or whatever name you want; but my point is such. I am not interested in definitions of those terms; but I have explained those 2 qualities, and which quality I rate more for a pace bowler than the other.