• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Premier League

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Surprising that Shahriar Nafees leading the most runs list, looks like he worked hard on his play. But this shouldn't warrant him a place esp in tests, then again knowing the selectors they might pick him up in test squad against Sri Lanka this month. I won't mind much if he got selected for LO cricket but this good form in BPL really doesn't prove against that he's a walking wicket in tests. Good for Nafees though that he found form at last.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Nafees has done well considering what happened in last year's BPL. The hundred he scored a few games ago has been the turning point, he seems to be more confident and sticks to what he's good at. If he hadn't scored that hundred he most likely would've have been dropped from the team and that probably would have been the end of his T20 career. But I agree with you I don't think he should be in the National team in any format.

The most impressive BD players from this year's BPL have been Nasir Hossain, Sohag Gazi, Sabbir Rahman Ruman, Nazmul Hossain Milon, and Shamsur Rahman.

Nasir continues to impress in his short career so far. If he continues this way he will join Tamim and Shakib as International class batsmen from BD.
Sohag has been the bowling version of Nasir. He is going to be a vital player for BD, and I think he is the best BD spinner (better than Shakib and Razzak) and will be one of the best in the World.
Sabbir is what the BD T20 team has been lacking, someone who can hit boundaries and clear the ropes. He is much more that a slogger (eg Zaiur Rahman) his technique is good enough for International cricket, he just needs to work on his consistency. He should be in the T20 team straight away, and could be good enough for ODIs in the future if he converts his raw potential. I don't think he will feature in Tests but in T20 cricket he is certainly a better option than some currently in the team (Riyad, Naeem, Zaiur etc).
Milon has been a match winner for Sylhet Royals on more than one occasion. He is a bit of a slogger but looks to be better that Zaiur, and could be very useful in the BD T20 team even if just a short term option.
Shamsur (along with Nasir) has been instrumental for Rangpur Riders. He is very consistent and is more of an accumulator rather than a power-hitter. He could compete for an opener's spot in the T20 team with Tamim and Ashraful.

Once again the BD pacers haven't shown up. Only Shafiul Islam has been decent but Rubel, Abul and Shahadat have been pretty much awful.

Last edited:

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Just been looking at the scores on cricinfo, surprised at the amount of Zimbabweans playing.

Have not watched a single game, how does it compare to the IPL?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Sabbir is what the BD T20 team has been lacking, someone who can hit boundaries and clear the ropes. He is much more that a slogger (eg Zaiur Rahman) his technique is good enough for International cricket, he just needs to work on his consistency. He should be in the T20 team straight away, and could be good enough for ODIs in the future if he converts his raw potential. I don't think he will feature in Tests but in T20 cricket he is certainly a better option than some currently in the team (Riyad, Naeem, Zaiur etc).
The knock that Shabbir played against Rangpur might be the turning point in his career. Now he's getting more opportunities @ top order and utilizing it. He's a gun fielder, maybe the best fielder in the country, so overall I agree that he's a good T20 prospect.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Good to hear about Sabbir's fielding, I've never really noticed it before. I feels BD is underrated in terms of fielding, OK they do drop catches but the ground fielding in general is very good. Nasir, Naeem,and Shakib are excellent fielders. Raquibul Hasan is probably the best in the country but is pretty useless at everything else.

Just seen Bijoy's (Anamul Haque) knock from today, I missed him out from my list as I thought he was having an average tournaments given his talent but he batted brilliantly today. I still believe he will be BD's finest batsman once he matures. For the next few years BD look like they will have a pretty decent batting line-up along with some more than decent spinners but the pace bowling will once again be responsible for their downfall.

Jahurul Islam is also looking good, actually the good thing about the Pakistani players not playing in this year's tourney is that the domestic batsmen have been given opportunities and have more often than not stepped up.
One disappointing player has been Mominul Haque, he seems to be one of those players who will go through long periods of good/bad form. He needs to be more consistent to cement a place in the National team, especially as there are lots of batsmen knocking on the doors in all forms of the game.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Bopara going well - dropped from his Chittagong team. Still managed to pick up a contract in SA for their T20. Impressive work.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
End of over 20 (wicket maiden) Rangpur Riders 113/9 (27 runs required)
Azhar Mahmood 2-1-8-1
Saju Datta 0* (0b) MF Maharoof 4-0-30-2

19.6 Azhar Mahmood to Edwards, OUT, played to long on and gets run out on the strikers end, that's the end of the game
FH Edwards run out 3 (10b 0x4 0x6) SR: 30.00

19.5 Azhar Mahmood to Edwards, no run, scooped to short fine, Hamid Hasan drops an dolly

19.4 Azhar Mahmood to Edwards, no run, short delivery, play and a miss again

19.3 Azhar Mahmood to Edwards, no run, full and straight, played to long on and Edwards sends Saju Datta back, wants to face Azhar

19.2 Azhar Mahmood to Edwards, no run, too slow, Edwards swings his bat and fails to make connection

19.1 Azhar Mahmood to Edwards, no run, length delivery, play and a miss

End of over 19 (9 runs) Rangpur Riders 113/9 (27 runs required from 6 balls, RR: 5.94, RRR: 27.00)

gee guys...

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
ugh i don't believe what i see when i watch matches in this league. weird batting, captaincy and bowling

watching dhaka who were already through tanking massively against barisal was horrible.

also don't agree with dhaka being allowed to bring in polland and gayle for a semifinal when there has been 12 league games running upto the game.

was supporting dhaka given the english connections but hard to support anyone now given i don't trust anything i see.

least Roy and Stirling have done ok. Denly and Mustard continue to produce ****- least they were playing i guess. more than bopara.

Last edited: