Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bangladesh Premier League

International Debutant
    I see Dirk Nannes is over there and doing alright. I love his bowling style and would still like him to play T20 for Oz.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    bowled apparently, it looks like the ball broke the bat and hit the stumps rather than the bat

hahaha it was cricinfo but they corrected it soon after. that's horrid though!
    I think Sibanda actually missed the ball and was clean bowled; he broke the bat on the ground.
    ~ Cribbage

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simonlee48 View Post
    Sanga has done well but Murali has done better. In my opinion, Murali is simply the best off spinner in history of cricket and I can't make that kind of statement for Sanga.
    Sanga isn't the best off spinner in the history of cricket? News to me.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyZaltzHair View Post
    Stadiums are hardly quarter full, turning out to be more embarrassing as the home teams also can't pull any crowd. Also the state of Khulna stadium looks to be in very poor condition already. Not long ago it was reconstructed and nominated for hosting test matches.
    Not surprised..BCB has no business sense...its shocking..last year all the games were played in Dhaka..you cannot have a cricket match every day and expect the same people to show up..that is not how you do business..you want to distribute your product to as many people as possible..games should have been played elsewhere too..

Not sure about this year..are they playing in other cities?

International 12th Man AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Not surprised..BCB has no business sense...its shocking..last year all the games were played in Dhaka..you cannot have a cricket match every day and expect the same people to show up..that is not how you do business..you want to distribute your product to as many people as possible..games should have been played elsewhere too..

Not sure about this year..are they playing in other cities?
    Three cities this time; people in Dhaka and Khulna didnt show up but Ctg giving a good response though. Also ticket prices are bit high
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.

1) Mustard is complete ****e. so bad. and running out mahmood isn't ideal but...
    2) the commentator is completely out of line criticizing Mustard for taking that single. You've gotta take those singles. Its completely results orientated commentating. It's unfortunate that Mahmood was slow and Tait hit with his throw but it is still a single every time.

gutted Ravi hasn't turned his arm over yet.

Tait got lucky that the ball hit stumps with that throw

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the big bambino View Post
    I see Dirk Nannes is over there and doing alright. I love his bowling style and would still like him to play T20 for Oz.
    Having his bag stolen by a net bowler and the police apparently reluctant to do anything about it (see Twitter comments on Cricinfo) might make him think twice about going back though.

Dobell will be struggling to write too many pro bopara articles on his recent form.

I;m sure he'll have a go though - just to troll scaly.

Been ****house even by his own low standards.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

lol @ Oram's 2/7 off 4 overs. What sort of surfaces are they playing on.

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpski View Post
    Having his bag stolen by a net bowler and the police apparently reluctant to do anything about it (see Twitter comments on Cricinfo) might make him think twice about going back though.
    He might ask for a contract upgrade. One extra kit.

Surprising that Shahriar Nafees leading the most runs list, looks like he worked hard on his play. But this shouldn't warrant him a place esp in tests, then again knowing the selectors they might pick him up in test squad against Sri Lanka this month. I won't mind much if he got selected for LO cricket but this good form in BPL really doesn't prove against that he's a walking wicket in tests. Good for Nafees though that he found form at last.

School Boy/Girl Captain Challis's Avatar
    Nafees has done well considering what happened in last year's BPL. The hundred he scored a few games ago has been the turning point, he seems to be more confident and sticks to what he's good at. If he hadn't scored that hundred he most likely would've have been dropped from the team and that probably would have been the end of his T20 career. But I agree with you I don't think he should be in the National team in any format.

The most impressive BD players from this year's BPL have been Nasir Hossain, Sohag Gazi, Sabbir Rahman Ruman, Nazmul Hossain Milon, and Shamsur Rahman.

Nasir continues to impress in his short career so far. If he continues this way he will join Tamim and Shakib as International class batsmen from BD.
    Sohag has been the bowling version of Nasir. He is going to be a vital player for BD, and I think he is the best BD spinner (better than Shakib and Razzak) and will be one of the best in the World.
    Sabbir is what the BD T20 team has been lacking, someone who can hit boundaries and clear the ropes. He is much more that a slogger (eg Zaiur Rahman) his technique is good enough for International cricket, he just needs to work on his consistency. He should be in the T20 team straight away, and could be good enough for ODIs in the future if he converts his raw potential. I don't think he will feature in Tests but in T20 cricket he is certainly a better option than some currently in the team (Riyad, Naeem, Zaiur etc).
    Milon has been a match winner for Sylhet Royals on more than one occasion. He is a bit of a slogger but looks to be better that Zaiur, and could be very useful in the BD T20 team even if just a short term option.
    Shamsur (along with Nasir) has been instrumental for Rangpur Riders. He is very consistent and is more of an accumulator rather than a power-hitter. He could compete for an opener's spot in the T20 team with Tamim and Ashraful.

Once again the BD pacers haven't shown up. Only Shafiul Islam has been decent but Rubel, Abul and Shahadat have been pretty much awful.
    Last edited by Challis; 04-02-2013 at 03:53 PM.

School Boy/Girl Captain sonnench's Avatar
    Just been looking at the scores on cricinfo, surprised at the amount of Zimbabweans playing.

Have not watched a single game, how does it compare to the IPL?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information