• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bangladesh Premier League

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
You guys are acting like 50K USD for 3 weeks of worth of work is something awful, Especially for some of the local players. Thats a ton of Money in Bangladesh. 50K USD is alot of money in 1st world countries

Afridi and Gayle are the highest earners but there getting paid on a pro rated basis. Since there not playing every game. Every West Indian is making over 250K. The Pakistani players are getting paid handsomely as well.

These leagues is what Symonds and Flintoff probably thought of how they were going to make money when they ended their international careers. It's ironic that it's Gayle who's living the mercenary lifestyle but he's being blackballed from playing international cricket.
I really was not making out 50k is not a lot of money. If someone offered me 50k for 3 weeks work I would give them pleasurable favours in return. However, in the sporting world it is not a staggering amount of money. While Bangladesh is indeed a poor nation they still have some very rich people and these will be the people who own the franchises and paying out 50k to players will not even touch the sides for them.

My point was also that not everyone is getting paid 600k, or even close to it.

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
Too put it in prospective, I read that a local Bangladeshi player makes about 150USD per First Class Match.

Now that same local player is sharing a dressing room with the likes of Murali and making some change as well ... Even if he's not playing.

Also its nice to see a Pitch in Bangladesh that isn't slow, low and sluggish. Just a nice flat belter.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ashrafool is the highest paid getting 750K that should be reason enough to ban the league.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
No he's not

The 6 Icon players are making 210K each (That does Include Ash) ... He's not an awful T20 player tho
They get a minimum of 210K, they then get 5% more than the highest paid play in their squad. Afridi signed for 700k in his squad, so he should be getting 735K.

cricman

International 12th Man
They get a minimum of 210K, they then get 5% more than the highest paid play in their squad. Afridi signed for 700k in his squad, so he should be getting 735K.
No they get paid 5% more than the Highest Local player (Nasir Hossian 200K)

Darren Bravo gets rid of Sameuls.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Shakib's team Khulna 175/5 - looks like Russel really spanked them around. Sooo underrated IMO.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, it's not like they're going around Bangladesh mugging people to make up the money anyway.

I hope it gives the Bangladesh players exposure to a more professional environment, even if it's more through the training and coaches rather than the games themselves.

Seems to be a rather anomalous innings from Mahmudullah going by his career strike rate...
great vocab

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't see why anyone would begrudge Bangladesh having an event like this. Yes the quality is going to patchy but they're not forcing you to watch it.
Yes, it's not like they're going around Bangladesh mugging people to make up the money anyway.

I hope it gives the Bangladesh players exposure to a more professional environment, even if it's more through the training and coaches rather than the games themselves.

Seems to be a rather anomalous innings from Mahmudullah going by his career strike rate...

Yeah pretty much this. There's the usual worries of spot fixing and the fear of the comp collapsing at any second, but you know it might inspire Banga youngsters to take up pace bowling if someone really stars or something. I don't really see the harm.

ajdude

International Coach
barisal's playing twice in two days, gayle's on 30*, shiz

i don't blame shehzad for looking pissed off, i would be too if i couldn't hit razzaq for six every ball

also good umpire, must want to watch gayle

was a pretty thick edge tbf

****s sake gayle's looked like **** ever since i started watching, culminating in his dismissal, ****balls

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
You guys are acting like 50K USD for 3 weeks of worth of work is something awful, Especially for some of the local players. Thats a ton of Money in Bangladesh. 50K USD is alot of money in 1st world countries

Afridi and Gayle are the highest earners but there getting paid on a pro rated basis. Since there not playing every game. Every West Indian is making over 250K. The Pakistani players are getting paid handsomely as well.

These leagues is what Symonds and Flintoff probably thought of how they were going to make money when they ended their international careers. It's ironic that it's Gayle who's living the mercenary lifestyle but he's being blackballed from playing international cricket.
This.....

700K is probably what Afridi would have gotten even in the IPL. Pretty good deal for Afridi for just 3 weeks.

btw how many games would Afridi play since he will be playing for Pakistan in Dubai. In case he gets paid pro-rated doesn't he miss out on most of the money?

ajdude

International Coach
pollard's destroying it atm, jesus christ

arun lal refers to this as the "most exciting time of this ipl"

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yea the West Indies players have been slaughtering the ball in this tournament. Gayle 62* out of 81/3 off 10, has hogged the strike a bit but still. Needs to do a lot more of that mind if he's going to finish on the winning side.

ajdude

International Coach
gayle needs to make about 150 if the burners are gonna win here

"now double it" etc

Last edited: