Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangladesh Premier League

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    wow......the bangers are paying USD600K for a 3 week tourney......woah....that is a lot of money for cricket and that too in a country not in the first world and not such a big economy as India
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    wow......the bangers are paying USD600K for a 3 week tourney......woah....that is a lot of money for cricket and that too in a country not in the first world and not such a big economy as India
    Afridi got 700k and Gayle got 550k, they were by a long way the highest earners. Most didn't even earn 100k, with a considerable number not even reaching 50k.

nice innings so far from " ", on 34 from 19

You guys are acting like 50K USD for 3 weeks of worth of work is something awful, Especially for some of the local players. Thats a ton of Money in Bangladesh. 50K USD is alot of money in 1st world countries

Afridi and Gayle are the highest earners but there getting paid on a pro rated basis. Since there not playing every game. Every West Indian is making over 250K. The Pakistani players are getting paid handsomely as well.

These leagues is what Symonds and Flintoff probably thought of how they were going to make money when they ended their international careers. It's ironic that it's Gayle who's living the mercenary lifestyle but he's being blackballed from playing international cricket.
    Last edited by cricman; 10-02-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cricman View Post
    You guys are acting like 50K USD for 3 weeks of worth of work is something awful, Especially for some of the local players. Thats a ton of Money in Bangladesh. 50K USD is alot of money in 1st world countries

Afridi and Gayle are the highest earners but there getting paid on a pro rated basis. Since there not playing every game. Every West Indian is making over 250K. The Pakistani players are getting paid handsomely as well.

These leagues is what Symonds and Flintoff probably thought of how they were going to make money when they ended their international careers. It's ironic that it's Gayle who's living the mercenary lifestyle but he's being blackballed from playing international cricket.
    Yes, it's not like they're going around Bangladesh mugging people to make up the money anyway.

I hope it gives the Bangladesh players exposure to a more professional environment, even if it's more through the training and coaches rather than the games themselves.

Seems to be a rather anomalous innings from Mahmudullah going by his career strike rate...
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

I really was not making out 50k is not a lot of money. If someone offered me 50k for 3 weeks work I would give them pleasurable favours in return. However, in the sporting world it is not a staggering amount of money. While Bangladesh is indeed a poor nation they still have some very rich people and these will be the people who own the franchises and paying out 50k to players will not even touch the sides for them.

My point was also that not everyone is getting paid 600k, or even close to it.
    Last edited by Bonnie Prince C; 10-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Too put it in prospective, I read that a local Bangladeshi player makes about 150USD per First Class Match.

Now that same local player is sharing a dressing room with the likes of Murali and making some change as well ... Even if he's not playing.

Also its nice to see a Pitch in Bangladesh that isn't slow, low and sluggish. Just a nice flat belter.

Ashrafool is the highest paid getting 750K that should be reason enough to ban the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuhaib View Post
    Ashrafool is the highest paid getting 750K that should be reason enough to ban the league.
    No he's not

The 6 Icon players are making 210K each (That does Include Ash) ... He's not an awful T20 player tho

No he's not

The 6 Icon players are making 210K each (That does Include Ash) ... He's not an awful T20 player tho
    They get a minimum of 210K, they then get 5% more than the highest paid play in their squad. Afridi signed for 700k in his squad, so he should be getting 735K.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Prince C View Post
    They get a minimum of 210K, they then get 5% more than the highest paid play in their squad. Afridi signed for 700k in his squad, so he should be getting 735K.
    No they get paid 5% more than the Highest Local player (Nasir Hossian 200K)

Darren Bravo gets rid of Sameuls.

International Regular Jayzamann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajdude View Post
    nice innings so far from " ", on 34 from 19
    He had 'Roy' on his shirt. Still NFI.

ed: whaddayaknow http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/298438.html
    Last edited by Jayzamann; 10-02-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Marmadoola
    Direbirds FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Shakib's team Khulna 175/5 - looks like Russel really spanked them around. Sooo underrated IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post
    Yes, it's not like they're going around Bangladesh mugging people to make up the money anyway.

I hope it gives the Bangladesh players exposure to a more professional environment, even if it's more through the training and coaches rather than the games themselves.

Seems to be a rather anomalous innings from Mahmudullah going by his career strike rate...
    great vocab
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information