• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Intercontinental Cup 2011-2013

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
A bit of a late start but hopefully the Moderators will smile kindly to some of the older threads on this weekend's matches (Ireland v. Kenya, Scotland v. U.A.E) being merged into this one.

Bonnie Prince C

U19 12th Man
Pretty important couple of matches coming up. In both matches both sides are more than capable of beating their opponents. Even at this early stage, I feel if Scotland and Kenya lose both of them will be out of contention for the title, especially Scotland who failed to beat Namibia who I think along with Canada will struggle to win many matches.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kenya 109 all out then. All 20 dismissals caught, only one by the keeper. The last 19 wickets to spin.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can't believe Kenya didn't just open the bowling with two spinners in the second innings. We've just seen 19/111 fall to spin on the first day and they want to have a go with Odhiambo. If they don't at least open with spin from the other hand it will be a huge WTF moment.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Varaiya bowling from the other end. Sanity prevails. Wonder how many free runs they'll take before bringing Ngoche on from Odhiambo's end.

Scaly piscine

Hmm Joyce and Stirling swapping roles in the half-century opening stand, or someone's got the names wrong, whatever.

Scaly piscine

Stating the obvious but a lot rests on what these two can do. Ireland don't have any other left-handed batsmen of note and Kenya's two spinners are left-armers, so these two should find it a lot easier than the rest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stating the obvious but a lot rests on what these two can do. Ireland don't have any other left-handed batsmen of note and Kenya's two spinners are left-armers, so these two should find it a lot easier than the rest.
Well Porterfield's gone for a duck, so there goes that.

FTR though, Mooney is a left hand bat. May be down to come in at 8 and may have got out for a duck in the first innings but he's every inch as good a batsman as Cusack and I think he's probably better than White who bats 5.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I feel this game proves that Ireland are not as close to being ready for Test match cricket as a lot of people seem to think.
I think this game is not worth paying any attention to because it's clearly being played on a joke wicket.

Good thing England aren't batting on it, or else we'd have probably got even less.

juro

U19 12th Man
With 37 wickets having fallen so far, only 11 batsmen have reached double figures. The only extras for the 4th innings is 5 penalty runs...