• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jos Buttler Appreciation thread

Is Jos Buttler better than Bradman?

• Total voters

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yay to him, and his west-country ways. The greatest one-day batsman in England's history, deserves his own thread.

This thread has in no way been started just to stop his name getting spelt wrong all the ****ing time.

grecian

I would like to state that he was injured before I started this thread, I don't want to be accused of Jinxing him already:whistling

HeathDavisSpeed

Class, bit of a blast from the past is Jossy's Giants.
Written by darts announcer Sid Waddell as well. 'Quality' writing. As I recall from the 1st episode, Jossy was watching the kids football matches from the bushes and his first line was something akin to "I've been watching your lads from the bushes..."

They don't make 'em like that any more.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I don't want there to be an England cricketer who is younger than me, and so picking 21-year olds sets a dangerous precedent. Buttler only makes the cut by a mere couple of months. Sorry Jos, too close for comfort.

fredfertang

I don't want there to be an England cricketer who is younger than me, and so picking 21-year olds sets a dangerous precedent. Buttler only makes the cut by a mere couple of months. Sorry Jos, too close for comfort.
Makes you realise its downhill all the way from then - I've never liked Norman Cowans

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I must admit, I'm quite a fan of Buttler. He seems like a seriously good List A batsman, and there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to take that to ODI level. An average of 70-odd is ridiculous, even as a finisher with a relatively small sample size, and even more impressive is the strike-rate. 130+ is fantastic for the role he plays.

Would like to see him excel in FC games though. Could be a real prospect for England over the next 2-3 years.

Haven't heard a huge amount with regards to his 'keeping - is he any good with the gloves?

grecian

I must admit, I'm quite a fan of Buttler. He seems like a seriously good List A batsman, and there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to take that to ODI level. An average of 70-odd is ridiculous, even as a finisher with a relatively small sample size, and even more impressive is the strike-rate. 130+ is fantastic for the role he plays.

Would like to see him excel in FC games though. Could be a real prospect for England over the next 2-3 years.

Haven't heard a huge amount with regards to his 'keeping - is he any good with the gloves?
Not great from the little I've seen, but he is young, and doesn't seem to get much time with the gloves. Is a class out-fielder though.