• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Does WI's draw with Pak last year look a lot better now?

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Considering what they've gone on to do since? :D it's amazing that we played virtually the same eleven bar Khan and the new wicket-keeper and really could have nicked the series but for a 90 run last wicket stand in the first innings of the second test, i remember the Guyana pitch in the first test that we won was pretty much a heaven for Ajmal and Rehman, Rehman even commented after that "if he could he would take it home with him" :laugh: , but somehow we pulled it out of the bag and deservedly won the match, which remains their last test defeat,

Since that series our team has totally changed and they've just gone from strength to strength, but in a funny way i'm looking forward to crossing paths with them again, cause as they say "styles make fights" and all :p .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shri, stop being a dickhead. Seriously if you make another post in here that isn't really about cricket, even if it's a reply to this one, I'll give you an infraction.

As for the thread, I'd say yes if it was in the UAE, but it wasn't. Pakistan have a good side consisting of several good role players and they're really starting to come together now as a tough side to beat in their own conditions, but I'm still pretty sceptical about what they can do overseas, and the series you've mentioned is one of the reasons.

If anything I think it just shows that we should perhaps be wary of rating Pakistan ahead of the likes of India before we see what they can do in different conditions.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I will be very happy when we beat you in your own back yard PEWS.
Something you don't seem to have figured out yet is that I follow England as well as Australia, so I'm actually already pretty butthurt about what just happened, if it makes you feel any better. :p

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Shri, stop being a dickhead. Seriously if you make another post in here that isn't really about cricket, even if it's a reply to this one, I'll give you an infraction.

As for the thread, I'd say yes if it was in the UAE, but it wasn't. Pakistan have a good side consisting of several good role players and they're really starting to come together now as a tough side to beat in their own conditions, but I'm still pretty sceptical about what they can do overseas, and the series you've mentioned is one of the reasons.

If anything I think it just shows that we should perhaps be wary of rating Pakistan ahead of the likes of India before we see what they can do in different conditions.
Having watched the series though Prince it could be argued that the conditions that they had in the caribbean WERE MUCH MORE CONDUCIVE to them than the ones they have in the UAE!! :laugh: , Ajmal got loads of wickets, so it's not like their spinners weren't in play, they've never won in the Caribbean, perhaps that had more to do with it than any real struggles away from home?

Last edited: