• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Currently who is the best player of spin in Tests?

uvelocity

International Coach
I can't be the only one when I honestly say I've never, ever heard of him, surely?
Guru lives in Melbourne now ftr. I talk to one of his minons regularly and ask him to pass on the scores in case he isn't watching :p

TumTum

Banned
what happened to your avatar?
The time had elapsed a week or two ago, forgot about it :p

Ponting is without question the most improved player of spin in the world, is very much competent and effective without necessarily being brilliant (although he obviously has the capacity to dominate if need be). Plays with much softer hands nowadays and is very decisive in his footwork, although still leads with and plays around the front pad at times a little too much for my liking (esp. with DRS) but hardly the worst in this regard. Very much competent, would hold his own against any attack IMO.

But you'd expect no less from an ATG.
Agreed, although his problem has been Harbhajan and it helps that he turned to crap and disappeared.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Clarke is kinda overrated on CW I believe there are atleast 3-4 batsman tat are better then hims spin. He's very good but i have never seen him domiate a world class spinner like Sehwag, Sachin or Younis.

Spark

Global Moderator
Harbhajan was the best bowler to exploit his weakness because his stock-in-trade was to get crazy dip and make the batsman push hard at the ball without being anywhere near the pitch, which brings all your close catchers into play. Which was exactly what Ponting did in the early part of his career.

Spark

Global Moderator
Clarke is kinda overrated on CW I believe there are atleast 3-4 batsman tat are better then hims spin. He's very good but i have never seen him domiate a world class spinner like Sehwag, Sachin or Younis.
Has a ton against Murali (in two Tests against him). Fairly effortless ton too.

Minced Swann in the 09 Ashes, seriously screwed up his lengths.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't be the only one when I honestly say I've never, ever heard of him, surely?
Must have not been seeing cricket. Hit most sixes for SL in '96WC IIRC. He mauled Zim spinners and gave Warne a mighty bashing in the final in few balls he bowled at him.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Ponting is without question the most improved player of spin in the world, is very much competent and effective without necessarily being brilliant (although he obviously has the capacity to dominate if need be). Plays with much softer hands nowadays and is very decisive in his footwork, although still leads with and plays around the front pad at times a little too much for my liking (esp. with DRS) but hardly the worst in this regard. Very much competent, would hold his own against any attack IMO.

No less at all. Fully agree though, very much improved.

Spark

Global Moderator
Must have not been seeing cricket. Hit most sixes for SL in '96WC IIRC. He mauled Zim spinners and gave Warne a mighty bashing in the final in few balls he bowled at him.
Was about 4 at the time, so understandable

Jacknife

International Captain

What time period has this improvement taken place over?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Look for Kane Williamson to be one of the best player of spin in years to come. Generally looks very decisive & fleet-footed against spinners (with the exception against Lyon in Brisbane) and was impressive in his debut series in India.