Cricket Player Manager
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

I cant do that so not sure either, but lets imagine someone comes along with an elbow bent at 45 degrees naturally.... where do we draw the line of ridiculous?
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

If someone can actually keep their arm at 45 degrees without excessive straightening and bowl usefully then all the power to them. Personally I don't think you could get any work on the ball at all from that sort of angle with the amount of effort you'd have to put in to not straighten the arm.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

forever 63*

Maybe that's the case, but would it be bowling?

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Botha got caught because his doosra was measured at about 30 degrees IIRC.
    Saw some vision of Botha in his early Tests vs Australia in Aus, and he was abhorrent, he looks completely different now - obviously not pure but a damn well sight better.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Pakistan v England, 2011-12: Unravelling the mystery of Saeed Ajmal | Cricket Features | Pakistan v England | ESPN Cricinfo

i pretty much don't understand anything in that article apart from "Ajmal's action is fine. That is a scientific fact."
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

• The ICC is reluctant to discuss bowling actions in detail because officials fear the subject is too complicated to explain.

Source: Pakistan v England 2011-12: The facts about Saeed Ajmal | Cricket News | Pakistan v England | ESPN Cricinfo

I think we can believe the ICC here. Kudos to cricinfo for playing a part in clearing this doubt.

Thank you espncricinfo.
    "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?" - John Maynard Keynes

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    Pakistan v England, 2011-12: Unravelling the mystery of Saeed Ajmal | Cricket Features | Pakistan v England | ESPN Cricinfo

i pretty much don't understand anything in that article apart from "Ajmal's action is fine. That is a scientific fact."
    you understand atomic and nuclear reactors? Science is just complicated sometimes to understand and at times, you just have to go by the words of guys who do this for a living.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    you understand atomic and nuclear reactors? Science is just complicated sometimes to understand and at times, you just have to go by the words of guys who do this for a living.
    yeah......lots of theories have gone on about this on CW during the past month.....some on CW claimed it as a conspiracy by the ICC
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Fmd, did you just compare a bowling action to nuclear science?

Cricket Web Staff Member gvenkat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    • The ICC is reluctant to discuss bowling actions in detail because officials fear the subject is too complicated to explain.

Source: Pakistan v England 2011-12: The facts about Saeed Ajmal | Cricket News | Pakistan v England | ESPN Cricinfo

I think we can believe the ICC here. Kudos to cricinfo for playing a part in clearing this doubt.

Thank you espncricinfo.
    The whinging should quit henceforth.

Cricket Web Staff Member gvenkat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post

If you do not understand anything then it's better to accept the fact that his action has been scientifically cleared and within acceptable limits. It sure is best to accept his action based on technology than some one claiming "he chucks" by seeing just with the naked eye.

The devil is in the detail, before people get too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Ajmal's action is well within the ICC range of tolerance. While he does bowl with a bend in his arm, it does not straighten more, on average, than about eight degrees.
    That doesn't tell us a great deal in actuality. He could bend his arm 12 degrees 15% of the time and that statement would be accurate. It also doesn't tell us anything about when he's tiring, when he's bowled his teesra or if he decides in a game to really 'rip' one early on in a batsman's innings as Warne used to and bends his arm a lot more to achieve it. It only tells us about his general bowling (excluding the teesra) in a general situation.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post

That doesn't tell us a great deal in actuality. He could bend his arm 12 degrees 15% of the time and that statement would be accurate. It also doesn't tell us anything about when he's tiring, when he's bowled his teesra or if he decides in a game to really 'rip' one early on in a batsman's innings as Warne used to and bends his arm a lot more to achieve it. It only tells us about his general bowling (excluding the teesra) in a general situation.
    Some people just do not quit.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine View Post

Quote Originally Posted by a spambot View Post
    if this was coming from bitterness or whatever they would also be accusing rehman but no one has said a word about him. face it, they're calling him a chucker because he looks an awful lot like one.
    classic case of looks like Malaria so should be Malaria, what ever the blood film result is.
    Member of the Sanga fan club. (Ugh! it took me so long to become a real fan of his)

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information