• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

smash84

The Tiger King
you understand atomic and nuclear reactors? Science is just complicated sometimes to understand and at times, you just have to go by the words of guys who do this for a living.
yeah......lots of theories have gone on about this on CW during the past month.....some on CW claimed it as a conspiracy by the ICC :laugh:

Shri

Mr. Glass
you understand atomic and nuclear reactors? Science is just complicated sometimes to understand and at times, you just have to go by the words of guys who do this for a living.
Fmd, did you just compare a bowling action to nuclear science?

gvenkat

State Captain
Pakistan v England, 2011-12: Unravelling the mystery of Saeed Ajmal | Cricket Features | Pakistan v England | ESPN Cricinfo

i pretty much don't understand anything in that article apart from "Ajmal's action is fine. That is a scientific fact."
If you do not understand anything then it's better to accept the fact that his action has been scientifically cleared and within acceptable limits. It sure is best to accept his action based on technology than some one claiming "he chucks" by seeing just with the naked eye.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The devil is in the detail, before people get too excited.

Cricinfo said:
Ajmal's action is well within the ICC range of tolerance. While he does bowl with a bend in his arm, it does not straighten more, on average, than about eight degrees.
That doesn't tell us a great deal in actuality. He could bend his arm 12 degrees 15% of the time and that statement would be accurate. It also doesn't tell us anything about when he's tiring, when he's bowled his teesra or if he decides in a game to really 'rip' one early on in a batsman's innings as Warne used to and bends his arm a lot more to achieve it. It only tells us about his general bowling (excluding the teesra) in a general situation.

Cruxdude

International Debutant

That doesn't tell us a great deal in actuality. He could bend his arm 12 degrees 15% of the time and that statement would be accurate. It also doesn't tell us anything about when he's tiring, when he's bowled his teesra or if he decides in a game to really 'rip' one early on in a batsman's innings as Warne used to and bends his arm a lot more to achieve it. It only tells us about his general bowling (excluding the teesra) in a general situation.
Some people just do not quit.

smash84

The Tiger King

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
if this was coming from bitterness or whatever they would also be accusing rehman but no one has said a word about him. face it, they're calling him a chucker because he looks an awful lot like one.
classic case of looks like Malaria so should be Malaria, what ever the blood film result is.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

you do understand that the same guys who can calculate the average can also see what was the upper limit and lower limit, right? And if the high was more than 15 degrees, he would have been reported after those tests. But then again, when was the last time you let facts get in your way? :p

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
you do understand that the same guys who can calculate the average can also see what was the upper limit and lower limit, right? And if the high was more than 15 degrees, he would have been reported after those tests. But then again, when was the last time you let facts get in your way? :p
When he was tested in a lab, however long ago it was.

The nature of the testing means you're never going to exonerate a player. There will always be ifs and buts. Some people who posted previously to you may wish to actually acknowledge this instead of behaving like morons.

As I've said before I'm not happy with the ICC's decision to legitimise slow bowling chuckers by having a one-size fits all 15 degree mark. Which is in my opinion simply too much tolerance for slow bowlers. People are going to disagree over whether it should 15 degrees, 10 degrees, x degrees for one, y degrees for another and I don't see the point in arguing with that as it's mostly just a personal opinion. For me it has turned the art of slow bowling into something that is simply not cricket. Throwing is not a part of bowling.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
the only issue I have is why the **** we waited till he was 32 to give him a debut we potentially wasted a 500 wicket bowler. For those who are not aware it was Misbah who convinced then captainShoaib Malik to give Ajmal a chance as he's possibly the only one who actually sees domestic crickets as he spend a great chunk of his career playing it. Another feather in misbah's cap.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Is that why Misbah has requested that Malik joins the ODI squad. Time to pay back the favour.

Can someone get Scaly a free pass for the ICC lab test, the next time it takes place. He will get all his answers there, because no one here can explain anything to him.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Ajmal going for an average of 50 in his next series vs England might just shut him up.

uvelocity

International Coach
As I've said before I'm not happy with the ICC's decision to legitimise slow bowling chuckers by having a one-size fits all 15 degree mark. Which is in my opinion simply too much tolerance for slow bowlers. People are going to disagree over whether it should 15 degrees, 10 degrees, x degrees for one, y degrees for another and I don't see the point in arguing with that as it's mostly just a personal opinion. For me it has turned the art of slow bowling into something that is simply not cricket. Throwing is not a part of bowling.
awta

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yea, cause having an arbitrary rule that's going to change for every player instead of a one size fits all that everyone has to follow is going to be completely controversy free.