Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

State Vice-Captain kykweer.proteas's Avatar
    My argument is that its obvious, and if they allow Ajmal to bowl like this then everyone should. Just seems like Ajmal is only getting away with it cause he managed to fool the people at the icc, but in match situation his doosra is no ways on earth 15 degrees. If we allow this EVERYONE should be allowed to throw, I mean bowl like this.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Let me guess. Ajmal picked a bucketful of wickets in the ongoing game?
    gold
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Love when this is only an issue when he does well. I remember when India started whining about Akhtar in the middle of a series, after they lost.
    No one complained about Ian Meckiff until he shot England out for 80 odd

3 Card Poker Champion!
    Love when this is only an issue when he does well. I remember when India started whining about Akhtar in the middle of a series, after they lost.
    No. They complained after they won the match. They then went on to win the series.

Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Let me guess. Ajmal picked a bucketful of wickets in the ongoing game?
    Blimey, you don't follow cricket much if you only realised that from these posts rather than cricinfo, which was available for a good while before your incredibly perceptive post

Oh c'mon SS you're better than that, people have been wondering of why a 30 plus spinner has gone from average to the best spinner in the world for a while now, and his doosra looks even uglier than normal in this match.

Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    gold
    clearly this is how you construct most arguments, so I'm going to go with it
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Nah you don't understand, apparently if you don't bring it up EVERY time you see him bowl the any questioning is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Nah you don't understand, apparently if you don't bring it up EVERY time you see him bowl the any questioning is invalid.
    If you only bring it up every time he bowls well, then it doesn't really seem like you're just questioning his action. More wanting an excuse for him to be kicked out because he's doing so well against a team you support..

Quote Originally Posted by Coronis View Post
    If you only bring it up every time he bowls well, then it doesn't really seem like you're just questioning his action. More wanting an excuse for him to be kicked out because he's doing so well against a team you support..

Yeah, me and Pothas love them there Saffies.......

U19 Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Yeah, me and Pothas love them there Saffies.......
    either that, or you're still upset about the beating Ajmal handed to England in UAE. And also loving an English cricketer and a "saffie" cricketer often equates to the same thing these days.
    All Time Test XI:

Openers: S.Gavaskar V.Sehwag Middle Order: V.Richards S.Tendulkar B.Lara All Rounders: G.Sobers I Khan (C) WK: A.Gilchrist Bowlers: W.Akram M.Marshall M.Muralitharan

All Time ODI XI:

WK: A.Gilchrist S.Tendulkar V.Richards R. Ponting M. Dhoni M. Bevan Allrounder: K.Dev Bowlers: W.Akram J. Garner M.Muralitharan G. McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by dhillon28 View Post
    either that, or you're still upset about the beating Ajmal handed to England in UAE. And also loving an English cricketer and a "saffie" cricketer often equates to the same thing these days.
    Yeah, I love KP on record for it, it's such a beautiful post about not arguing the actual point.

I hate Williamson's action for the record, just in case the Kiwis beat us, because obviously we can't mention actions afterl they beat us. Of course it would be silly to suggest that Ajmal has only come good in his latter years, with his new action.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    PCB aren't exactly known for their selection policies.

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    Yeah, I love KP on record for it, it's such a beautiful post about not arguing the actual point.

I hate Williamson's action for the record, just in case the Kiwis beat us, because obviously we can't mention actions afterl they beat us. Of course it would be silly to suggest that Ajmal has only come good in his latter years, with his new action.
    Thread was dead for almost a year, until his recent performance against South Africa. Coincidence?

Thread was dead for almost a year, until his recent performance against South Africa. Coincidence?
    Because we all decided his action was fine for the last year....

It only came back because one person mentioned in the tour thread and was directed here.

People mentioned it on a Tour thread, someone asked for this thead to be resurrected, rrather than talk about it on the tour thread. If you honestly believe there's been no talk on Ajmal's action all this time, well you're wrong. He's had some quite good "bowling" in that time too..
    Last edited by grecian; 16-02-2013 at 05:37 PM.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    How about some of you go have a chat to the blokes who tested him rather than spouting baseless conspiracies, I hear they know a bit about this sort of thing.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information