• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I love KP on record for it, it's such a beautiful post about not arguing the actual point.

I hate Williamson's action for the record, just in case the Kiwis beat us, because obviously we can't mention actions afterl they beat us. Of course it would be silly to suggest that Ajmal has only come good in his latter years, with his new action.
Thread was dead for almost a year, until his recent performance against South Africa. Coincidence?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thread was dead for almost a year, until his recent performance against South Africa. Coincidence?
Because we all decided his action was fine for the last year....

It only came back because one person mentioned in the tour thread and was directed here.

grecian

People mentioned it on a Tour thread, someone asked for this thead to be resurrected, rrather than talk about it on the tour thread. If you honestly believe there's been no talk on Ajmal's action all this time, well you're wrong. He's had some quite good "bowling" in that time too..

Last edited:

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
How about some of you go have a chat to the blokes who tested him rather than spouting baseless conspiracies, I hear they know a bit about this sort of thing.

grecian

How about some of you go have a chat to the blokes who tested him rather than spouting baseless conspiracies, I hear they know a bit about this sort of thing.

No conspiracies, looking at deliveries that looking different to the norm, or are we just meant to shut up, and blindly follow.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I do think there is something to the whole people only care when he's taking lots of wickets angle. Kane Williamson and Marlon Samuels definitely have worse actions to the naked eye but they don't take enough wickets for people give a ****. I certainly don't think we'd have a 200 post thread about Ajmal if he averaged 37 with the ball.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
Some blokes who do this **** as their job tested him. He had to bowl deliveries to the same amount of revs and the same pace in a match or he'd fail. He came in at well under the limit. He didn't just scrape through, he passed with flying colours. I'll try to find the article which said this.

grecian

I do think there is something to the whole people only care when he's taking lots of wickets angle. Kane Williamson and Marlon Samuels definitely have worse actions to the naked eye but they don't take enough wickets for people give a ****. I certainly don't think we'd have a 200 post thread about Ajmal if he averaged 37 with the ball.
I mentioned Williamson, he's a disgrace, the discussion is about Ajmal though. Williamson and Samuels are predominantly batters though, so no there's not going to be a big fuss

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Some blokes who do this **** as their job tested him. He had to bowl deliveries to the same amount of revs and the same pace in a match or he'd fail. He came in at well under the limit. He didn't just scrape through, he passed with flying colours. I'll try to find the article which said this.
They also mentioned they use their tech to calculate revs and speed from real match footage.

dhillon28

U19 Debutant
Yeah, I love KP on record for it, it's such a beautiful post about not arguing the actual point.

I hate Williamson's action for the record, just in case the Kiwis beat us, because obviously we can't mention actions afterl they beat us. Of course it would be silly to suggest that Ajmal has only come good in his latter years, with his new action.
What point is there to argue about? He was suspected for chucking...... tested by independent assessors (bearing in the mind that they are the same assessors that told botha he couldnt bowl his doosra) using a restrictive brace reinforced by steel rods preventing any elbow extension beyond the specified limit 15 degree limit.........cleared testing. The only point one can have after this is that they dont agree with the way the brace was manufactured etc as apposed to a flurry of meaningless assertions

Graeme Swann has only become a world class off spinner at the latter stage of his career. He must have a dodgey action as well.

grecian

They also mentioned they use their tech to calculate revs and speed from real match footage.
Which all seems totally impossible to do. It's amazing that people wish to believe the testing in the studio, but clearly there's no real way to accurately judge it to match conditions.

So until as Pickup said they can actually do it whilst hey're playing matches, it's still open to interpretation, particularly about individual balls.

Too Dhillon, I'm arguing the balls bowled which look different to normal balls he bowls.

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

What doesn't do them any favours is that they seem to have technology that does all this marvellous stuff, yet isn't good enough to use on a regular basis - see the tech that they used to state 99% of bowlers throw...has never been seen in action again. Despite the fact there are new players on the scene, at least some of whom might be Sarwans and not (going on ICC tech) everyone else.

The main problem with the ICC and chucking is a lack of will to actually address the issue.

grecian

What doesn't do them any favours is that they seem to have technology that does all this marvellous stuff, yet isn't good enough to use on a regular basis - see the tech that they used to state 99% of bowlers throw...has never been seen in action again. Despite the fact there are new players on the scene, at least some of whom might be Sarwans and not (going on ICC tech) everyone else.

The main problem with the ICC and chucking is a lack of will to actually address the issue.

It's amazing isn't it, according to some people cameras invented for the purpose on all the time can't tell us if a balls hitting a wicket, but these cameras can actually tell us how many revs are on a ball in match situations, incredible stuff.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Just trying to suggest it's not as cut and dried as some would wish to make it be :)
I admit his action is dodgy, but I also admit that I like the fact he is getting wickets since I support Pakistan. So until the ICC bans him, I'm not complaining.

But he is old and won't be around for long.