Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ajmal claims special concession to 15 degree rule allowed by ICC

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    what does Geoff Boycott have to say on this?

"Siddhartha Talya: Welcome once again to Bowl at Boycs. I'm Siddhartha Talya and it's a pleasure as always to be joined by Geoffrey Boycott, who's speaking to us from Dubai today.

Geoffrey, England have been whitewashed 3-0. Are you shocked? Depressed? Surprised? What's your reaction?

Geoffrey Boycott: No, I'm not depressed, because the cricket was fantastic. I enjoyed every second of it. It was just riveting. I was surprised. I thought England would make a much better fist of it. You expect talented players to be able to adapt to conditions, and they didn't. They were found wanting. They were as bad as India are when India travel abroad. And they were bad in the subcontinent, were England. "
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Doesn't hold back does Boycott. Fun to listen to when England have an off day.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    yup.....you have to love Boycott

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Tbf I don't think the English are using it as some sort of "justification" through that statement. I disagree that saying it could have been 2-1 is a fair statement, but nevertheless they're not stating that to take anything away from Pakistan or defend their performance.
    I've said plenty of times that the quality of Pakistan's bowling, combined with the ineptitude of England's batting means that the scoreline was a fair one.

That doesn't stop it from being massively frustrating. England got themselves into positions where they should have won 2 of the Tests. What should happen and what does happen are two massively different things though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    You can so easily say "Had India not let Swann and Broad get runs at Trent Bridge, had India not collapse like bitches after being 50 ahead with 6 wkts in hand etc." then it's 1-1 and the series is totally different.

Can say the exact same thing about India vs. Australia in the MCG test, and the series is different if they are 1-0 up.

But you won't hear anyone sensible saying that because its fairly useless. Saying England could have won 2-1 is a massive stretch imo.
    The bowling in England's 2nd innings at Trent Bridge is probably the worst collective effort I've ever seen in a Test tbh.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    I've said plenty of times that the quality of Pakistan's bowling, combined with the ineptitude of England's batting means that the scoreline was a fair one.

That doesn't stop it from being massively frustrating. England got themselves into positions where they should have won 2 of the Tests. What should happen and what does happen are two massively different things though.
    The problem is when you say "should" have won. With this team in these conditions, it is quite obvious they were never in a position to say we should have won this game.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen

BCCI questions Ajmal's action

Please god let it be so.

From Cricket Next.

No point being villainous despots if you can't get **** done.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Heard about that, but the ICC have again stood by Ajmal. Sorry to ruin your party Brumbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

I would rather he be tested again. If he passes the testing, he would've done so twice and would hopefully quite the critics. If he fails, then obviously he shouldn't be bowling the doosra.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    If he fails, England will not be very happy.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    If he fails, England will not be very happy.
    Indeed, it will be just like with Amir. The **** gets heaps of wickets against us, then gets banned before the next series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    We failed in the Pakistan series by more deliveries than just Ajmal's doosra.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

I'll kill the suspense and make the obvious remark about how India are suddenly requesting the assistance of technology after years of dedication to the Luddite cause.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Complaining after a win is also much better form than whinging after you got your ass kicked. Bcci have done that before too, but hopefully now they've learnt their lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Whinging is still whinging regardless of its timing.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information