• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Monty Panesar the new Graeme Swann?

Is Monty Panesar the New Graeme Swann?

• Total voters

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
He's starting a comeback to the England Test team very similar to Swann's a few seasons back. Couldn't resist really.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Should have been played more often IMO.

Personally on the subco tracks I feel he's a better spinner than Swann anyway, as he gets used to the conditions quicker.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Abdul Rahman and Monty will go back to being average outside these conditions. But Swann and Ajmal will remain class.

However I hope they both prove me wrong. :)

Jacknife

International Captain
Tendulkar was about the 6th best player in England, 7th if I include Prior, says it all really.:wacko:

ganeshran

International Debutant
Panesar isnt really good enough to be a good spinner in all conditions. Since England will go mostly with only one spinner, Swann should be picked

Howe_zat

Audio File
Was pretty disappointed at how Swann failed to adjust his natural wide line to the right-handers. How many lbws did we see to spinners this series? Really should have given himself that chance.