• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India A squad

Salamuddin

International Debutant
This is the India A squad to play against Sri Lanka A.

Team: S S Das (c), Hemang Badani (v-c), Gautam Gambhir, S Sriram, Rohan Gavaskar, Mohammad Kaif, Murali Kartik, Ajay Ratra (wk), L Balaji, Siddharth Trivedi, Munaf Patel, Romesh Powar, A T Rayudu, Amit Mishra

A good showing by Kartik or Mishra could pitchfork them into the national squad when it returns from Australia -- particularly as Kumble and harbhajan are not gonna cover themselves in glory
down under.

Overall a fairly decent selection. Most of the guys are pretty young.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Ramesh Powar is IMO a better spinner that Sarandeep.

However, I've heard Sarandeep's bowling has improved over the off season so he may get a look in at some stage.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Me, I've only seen Powar once, so I can say in all essence nothing about him. Sarandeep, however, has always been, for me, superb with loop and drift and has always turned the ball as much as a fingerspinner can. His only problem has been accuracy and even that's only been at times. If this is even better now than before, surely it's only a matter of time before he overtakes Harbhajan, whether he can bowl the doosra or not.